in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ItsAOcean.5943

ItsAOcean.5943

Can someone point me to a good guide?

Need an effective necromancer pve build

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

well, necro is the worst class for PvE atm…

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

6/6/0/0/2 full zerker with MH dagger and focus or WH is your best option. Its single target DPS is actually very high. It just offers next to nothing to support the time, IE no group boons like might or fury or aegis, no projectile management, and no party wide buffs like frost spirit or warrior’s banners. The lack of cleave also sucks for taking out trash mobs, but that doesn’t matter on a boss. The DPS is very high (ie higher than mesmer and probably guardian) but you’ll still get out DPSed by eles, and thieves and warriors. Overall this build is your best option for the worst class at pve, and in a PUG you’ll still probably end up doing way more DPS than anyone else.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

If you struggle with high level content or spend more time lying on the ground than hitting a foe, you might want to consider nemesis builds.

I know his builds are very unpopular for arah but for high level fractals (where your objective is to stay alive rather than killing a boss before he can do anything) it’s fine.

Stick with DnT build for arah though, there is no point in ranging anything there.

well, necro is the worst class for PvE atm…

It is the worst class for speed clearing. Speed clearing is a niche of the PvE gameplay and in other areas of the game, the necro is doing fine.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

(edited by VodCom.6924)

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I’d also like to point you to Spoj’s guide from the Necromancer stickies.

I’m not going to argue Spoj vs Brazil, they’re both amazing gamers, but I find Spoj is very elaborate and very dedicated to his class and his guide is definitly worth your time.