Need guidence

Need guidence

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Hey guys I am newish. Would like to take a class to 80 soon to see what all gw2 has to offer. Can you guys suggest a class to do this with. Will be mainly WvW small groups and some dungeon groups if I can.

Thanks for your response. Oh ya I do not like: ele, Mesmer, or ranger. And guardian seems too slow and defensive for me.

Need guidence

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guardians aren’t particularly slow, though they are defensive. The problem is if you’re just offensive and not defensive in WvW you’re going to get eaten. You need defense in WvW.

Generally speaking right now, warriors are one of the better dungeon professions, along with guardians and mesmers. In WvW however, guardians, eles and mesmers are some of the best professions.

Rangers, and engineers are generally the least liked professions over all, even though if you play them really well, they can play anywhere…but many don’t play them well.

Don’t know if this helps or not but in spite of your reservations, I’d still try guardian.

Need guidence

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I suggest warrior as you can have a pretty good balance of offense and defence and you have a great set of ranged and melee weapons to use. I have tried almost every profession and i feel strongest with my warrior. She is nt invincible but she can hold her own in most situations and contributes a lot in dungeons and wvw.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Need guidence

Posted by: PsyOnic.3108

PsyOnic.3108

I would suggest playing a warrior. They’re easy to pick up for new players, good in pve and also needed in dungeons. They can also hold their own in WvW.

Need guidence

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Also recommend the Warrior.

Need guidence

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I am a Warrior

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!