Need help beating Mouth of Zhaitan

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lux Ferre.6897

Lux Ferre.6897

I kill the floating utensils around him and can get him to about half health by melee, but then the utensils come alive again and by the time I get away, the Mouth heals. Tried using a bow from a distance and I have to keep hiding behind pillars. Best so far was melee, but this fight is the only one so far I have faced that SEEMS ridiculously difficult. I am sure it is not as hard as it seems and that there might be some things I can do to have a chance, but I do not know what. I really need a game plan, please.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

there are Risen Couriers that sometimes walk down to him, they feed him artifacts and that heals him, you can kill them before they get to him though. they might be why his health seems to come back while you’re killing the things floating around him.

saying that, I usually ignore the things floating around him, and just hit him.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

(edited by nottsgman.8206)

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Reflects are great for his ranged attacks if you can get any. Range and kite a bit while keeping an eye behind you for the courier and focus on them when they appear, generally there are two runners. CC is your friend there.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The easiest way for me was this:

Camp behind that pillar on the right side (facing the Mouth). Once the fight starts, start hitting the mobs circling him, taking them out one by one. Usually once you snipe one a couple of times, it’ll come to you, so you can burn them down quickly. Also, make sure you shoot down/run to any of the couriers because they’ll heal the Mouth. Once all the circling weapons are down, jump in the middle, and burn him down as much as you can. Once you notice he’s about to respawn his adds, jump back behind the pillar, and repeat. It’s not the fastest way, but it was the safest for me.

If you don’t want to use the pillar, just time your dodges carefully when you see him doing his attacks (the only attack you really need to dodge is the shockwaveish one).

Edit: And, for future reference, the other story possibility is much easier than this one. So, if you ever take another character through PS, choose the other option for taking out the Mouth of Zhaitan (taking out its “food source”).