Need help in completing Mawdrey

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nuvat.6431

Nuvat.6431

I am so frustrated right now. xD
I have everything ready, but one thing. The Mists Stone. I have never done Fractals in my life, and I need 5 Pristine Fractal Relics to get it. That’s all I need to complete Mawdrey. Can anyone please, please, please help me? If I could solo Fractals, I would, but I can’t. I am on the NA server, and I’m on right now.
So close, yet so far away…. ;-;

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m in a guild that likes to do fractals in a fun easy friendly non-speedy way when enough members are on and interested. I have to break for food for a while now but if you ping me in game I’ll refer you to the guild leader.

I’m always happy to do low-stress fractal runs and to explain how they work, too.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Have you ever done a dungeon? Fractals is basically the same thing.

Don’t worry about ascended armour or agony resistance or Fractal levels or any of that stuff. You just need to form a group, go in, complete a few instances and you’re done and they’re no harder than regular dungeons.

You do need to do the instances that are required for the dailies however. In your achievements list go to Fractals and then Daily Fractals and look for the Tier 1 achievements. Those give you the names of the instances you need to do.

Look for a group that’s doing them, or make your own.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You get pristine fractal relics from the daily fractal chests. So just hop into the game, check which fractals are the dailies under the Fractal tab in the Achievements panel in the Hero Panel and then open the LFG tool and join any groups doing those fractals.

Some people consider it good manners to tell the party that you haven’t done that fractal yet. Its not required but it may help keep them from getting frustrated when you don’t know where to go or what to do next. You will only have access to 3 or 4 dailies a day right now due to a lack of agony resist, so it will take you two days to get the stone. Overall its pretty quick and quite fun

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I would say most people LFGing T1 fractals are in a similar position as you are… since the change to fractal rewards (i.e. Completing a T4 gives you all the lower tier rewards too), few meta/speed groups would bother with T1. So PUGs in T1 likely won’t mind your inexperience; cos they themselves would have started fractal-ing recently too.

Have a look at http://gw2dungeons.net/
It’ll give you an idea of each fractal’s mechanic.

Who knows, you may find yourself enjoying fractals… I run T4s regularly now, and I started off doing fractals to get Mawdry too (at a time when you needed to complete 4 fractal islands to get a single Pristine relic).

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)