Need help picking server (pref EU)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Hello people,

I’m new to this game and looking for a good server to join.

I’ve made an Asura on Seafearer’s Rest the other day but the server seems completely empty.

I’m looking for a server where I’ll have a good chance of running into other people frequently, and that is stable i.e. it must be doing well in PvP and the guilds on there aren’t planning to leave.

Please post suggestions.

Thanks!

P.S.: I am looking for an English speaking server, preferably EU but actually don’t mind playing on German/French/USA if the above conditions are met.

Posted by: Yuri.5810

Yuri.5810

16 months in the game it’s naive to think that the first maps will be loaded with people (and still some of them are because of champs trains). The server isn’t empty at all, it’s just that you are in the wrong place to find the people.
Just level up your Asura and you’ll be fine on SfR. Happy new year

Posted by: dubak.3042

dubak.3042

I have played on seafarer’s rest for over a year, are you sure we are on the same server? because you saying that it’s emty, and me getting frustrated because of overflow on some maps can’t be on same SFR.
maybe just the starting zones are emtysh, because the major population of gw2 comunity is already at higher levels, even so, try visiting queensdale (a starting zone) and see if you can’t find players there.
Server is not empty, maybe there are less players because this is a season holidays, and noone have much time to play.
Lion’s arch is the gw2 version of Rome – all paths lead to LA so there you can find people with whom you can party up and level together, or find yourself a guild.
and in the end, you have chosen Tier1 wvw server, meaning that a large part of comunity is directed towards world vs. world activity, so that may be the reason why yoiu don’t see many players in pve.

I strongly suggest that you stick with us, I know I love this server.

Dusan [insert class here]/Dubaak
SFR4LIFE
Bugs are evil, like cookies, but more evil.

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

underworld – pure pve
desolation – pvp,pve, mid wvw
gandara – low pvp, mid pve, low wvw
piken/seafarer – highest wvw (but loooooooong queues), low pve, idk bout pvp
idk about “national” servers like de/fr

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I highly recommend Ring of Fire.

I see people everywhere I go, no matter what time it is.

I can’t speak much for World vs. World because I have only tried it a few times, even though those times it was heavily populated if not full.

sPvP is quite desolate as far as I’m concerned. There are always people there, but I don’t see any PvP guilds.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Gunnar’s Hold has a lot of people. And there’s lots of brilliant guilds there.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

On Far Shiverpeaks, there also usually are at least a few people on every map I’m on. This also counts for starting zones. Tequatl is killed once or twice a day; Karka Queen as well (maybe more; I dunno). Most other world bosses have plenty of people there as well, usually.

I’d say we’re also decent in WvW.

You can also guest to different servers to check them out, and then transfer to the one you liked the most (or stay where you are if you find that it’s actually awesome there).

Posted by: Revolt.2860

Revolt.2860

I can recommand Ring of Fire aswell.
While there are days that the server can be a little bit empty, most of the days, you won’t get that feeling at all!
The server is full of people, most nice, a few trolls here and there, but all-in-all a nice community.
Only down-side with this server tho, is that this server isn’t doing very well with WvWvW.
But if you don’t mind that, then RoF is for you!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Gunnar’s Hold has a lot of people. And there’s lots of brilliant guilds there.

Charr right? saw you around a few times

I second this-
Been on Gunnar’s Hold since the betas- very nice server.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

From what I’ve seen Desolation and Gandara seem to be two of the busiest for PvE and are predominantly english speaking players. Mostly in the UK too so peak times are evenings and weekends GMT.

But I’d recommend guesting to several different servers to see which ones you like before you make a decision to transfer because it would be a shame to either pay or delete all your characters to transfer for free and then decide later you made the wrong choice.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

Far shiverpeaks

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Seems like some servers really need players. We need less players.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch