Need more/bigger bags; help?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: UglyBunny.7294

UglyBunny.7294

Just curious where I can find bigger or more bags. All I have so far (level 21) is my starter backpack and a few 4-slot leather bags I bought from vendors. I would really like to find some bigger bags so I could spend more time adventuring and not ditch every mat I find since they take up so much space. I would love to star crafting some stuff, but I can’t seem to afford the bag space.

Thanks in advance. I’m one of the tree guys, if that makes any difference.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

There’s a drop down menu in your inventory when you click the gear on the top right hand side. There should be an option to deposit crafting materials or something like that and that should make things easy if you salvage useless stuff and harvest a lot. Bag size is pretty terrible for f2p, I honestly dont have an answer for that. You may have to fork over 10 gold for 20 slotted bags. However, if you’ve got a standard account you can get away with 8 slot bags until 80, which are a few copper on the Trading post. At 80 you can complete the bandit weapon collection fairly cheaply. Unlock the collection in silverwaste and get the skins through karma for a 20 slot bag. Buying them straight up isn’t too terrible of an idea either as you can always resell them when you come by cheaper solutions, for example fractal bags if you ever get into that.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Bags are cheap to craft up to 15 slot size. You can buy bags from the tp as well but kind of a waste of gold.
Make sure you are using the deposit function (gear symbol top right of your inventory).

UglyBunny.7294

Good tips, guys. Thanks! Just bought a 10-slot bag for 26 silver. It was my entire nest egg, but I live with no regrets. And I’ll utilize the cogwheel “send to bank” thing or whatever. That’s gonna be a big help.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

FYI the materials you send to your bank using “deposit materials” don’t end up in your normal bank tab, so don’t freak out when you see they’re not there. They go into a seperate materials tab (which can hold up to 250 of each material). You can manually deposit materials or remove them and you can also craft using ones which are in here.

Another useful trick is that you can sell any items you don’t need which aren’t soulbound or account bound on the Trading Post from anywhere. Click the Black Lion icon at the top of the screen, click the scales icon on the side and then Sell and you can choose which things to sell.

You’ll have to speak to a TP agent to collect your money, but there’s no deadline or anything so you can leave that until it’s convenient.

As for bags Leatherworkers, Tailors and Armorsmiths can craft them (starting with 8 slot ones and going up to 20 slots, but those are expensive and need high level crafting). You can also buy ones other people have crafted on the Trading Post and get some from achievements but those are easiest at level 80.

BTW just as a reminder to other people: free players can’t post on the forum, and the only bag acquisition method they can’t use is buying them from the TP.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

UglyBunny.7294

So, when I got the game, I got the ultimate edition or whatever, so I had a bunch of gems sitting around. I spent some on gold and bought 5 20-slot bags (in addition to my starter backpack, that’s 120 slots). That, plus people’s suggestions here should set me right. I like that this game is not pay-to-win, per se, but it has a sort of ‘pay-for-less-frustration’ type of economy. Hell, even if I spent up to about $15 a month of real-world money in the Black Lion Market, I’d still be doing fine compared to any other MMO

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Yeah the game is a tad weird in its power progression. There are obviously boosters, but leveling is easy enough to the point where no one really minds. End game gear is very accessible so we find ourselves spending our money on cute armors, outfits, and dyes. Most gem store items are mostly for convenience such as the copper fed salvage machine which I keep in my shared inventory slot that came with the level 80 booster. If you randomly have any questions feel free to mail me ingame. I spend more time than I should on this game.

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

There is a hard limit on the price of bags due to a buy-only crafting component. Which means the price in TP is almost certainly the cheapest you can get, i.e. there is not a great mark-up on the bag prices.

Many low level materials sell for a significant premium – wool scraps anyone! – and if you can manage it you get 2 gold per day from doing three dailyies.

Also check out any cultural armour vendors – it’s usually prettier-than-normal stuff.