Need some help with General things

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BaconChopstick.1903

BaconChopstick.1903

So I’m the ultimate noob to Gw2, I didnt play Gw1 and have recently bought this game.

A couple of questions:

1) When you die, what do you do when you turn into some sort of fog like mist? I end up moving about for a couple of seconds as a mist and then falling back to the ground.

2) Howcome hardly any1 ever talks on Gw2? I used to play runescape back in the day when it was acceptable (lol) and everyone used to be chatting. Now no1 chats haha

Posted by: Laughter.7042

Laughter.7042

When you turn into mist you are prolonging your death to give you a little more time to fight to stay alive. You will notice you have several spells upon dying.. you can use them to fight the monster that killed you. If you kill said monster before the little red bar gets empty you get your life back. However, if you die you will need to hit your map and choose a waypoint to get your body back.

Not sure about the people not talking.. perhaps the world you picked. Mine seems very chatty though!

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

1.) I’m assuming you’re an elementalist by your description. These are your downed skills: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_downed_skills#Skills_by_profession

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Form for 5 secs it allows you to move yourself to a safe distance so you can safely bandage yourself back to health away from danger (potentially) or you’ll have to kill a mob so that you may rally and not die. If you die in a downed state you’re defeated. While downed other players can revive you. When defeated other players can revive you. When you’re defeated if no other players are around you’ll have to revive at a waypoint to come back to life.

Think of the downed state as a different skill set given to you to fight back before true defeat.

2.) /map is zone wide chat. Mine tends to be pretty lively. Try and start a conversation =P

EDIT: Also, just like in GW1 you can type /wiki in game and it will take you to the official wiki. If you have a specific need like “/wiki ranger” type that in your chat tab and it will route you to that page on the wiki specifically. Enjoy the new lands of Tyria =P

(edited by Sardoni.8361)

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

On the chatting issue… On my world, there is constant chatter going on, and I would expect it to be that way on all the worlds. Did you accidentally hide your chat window?

BaconChopstick.1903

1.) I’m assuming you’re an elementalist by your description. These are your downed skills: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_downed_skills#Skills_by_profession

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Form for 5 secs it allows you to move yourself to a safe distance so you can safely bandage yourself back to health away from danger (potentially) or you’ll have to kill a mob so that you may rally and not die. If you die in a downed state you’re defeated. While downed other players can revive you. When defeated other players can revive you. When you’re defeated if no other players are around you’ll have to revive at a waypoint to come back to life.

Think of the downed state as a different skill set given to you to fight back before true defeat.

2.) /map is zone wide chat. Mine tends to be pretty lively. Try and start a conversation =P

EDIT: Also, just like in GW1 you can type /wiki in game and it will take you to the official wiki. If you have a specific need like “/wiki ranger” type that in your chat tab and it will route you to that page on the wiki specifically. Enjoy the new lands of Tyria =P

Thanks everyone for the help, All questions have been answered

BaconChopstick.1903

So I’ve tried speaking on [Say] and [Map] but still no1 responds to me. Also does anyone know how to get help/backup on a quest? Cant defeat That Sylvia’s Nightmare wife or sumen so need a bit of help. I