Need suggestions for support warrior build.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kabaksi.5327

Kabaksi.5327

Hello all. I am looking to build my warrior as a banner-warhorn support primarily for use in dungeons or open-world exploration with a party. I dived into the web but came up short as far as what I am trying to achieve. So, I’m coming to you guys.

With that being said, my warrior will have a warhorn off-hand. The warrior will definitely be traited 30 in Tactics (Vitality and Boon duration) and will take the major traits of:
Inspiring Banners: Banners apply bonus to larger area. Banners recharge 20% faster.
Quick Breathing: Warhorn skills recharge 20% faster. Convert one cond into boon.
Inspiring Battle Standard: Banners grant regen to allies.

I want to be able to dish out a respectable amount of damage (as a support warrior), and draw less aggro, but still maintain a fair amount of survivability. This means nonexistent to very-low toughness attribute paired with a mid-to-high vitality attribute.

For now, I am looking to use Exotic-level gear only.

With that out of the way…
-Where should my other 40 trait points go?
-Mainhand? Axe (Direct Damage) or Sword (Damage over Time)
-Alternate weapon set? (Preferably Rifle/Bow)
-Equipment and trinkets? (Magi, Rampager, Carrion, et cetera)
-Upgrade Components? (Sigils, Runes, Jewels)
->Remember, I am looking for decent survivability paired with decent damage output.
->Enhancements in the support aspect would be considered and appreciated as well.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Personally I run a warrior support build with a hammer and mace+shield. My traits don’t directly support the team but I use Shake it Off, Endure pain, Fear Me! and the elite banner. Supporting players is more of a playstyle than an actual build in my case, I use the hammer to knock mobs away from allies or slow mobs chasing them. I use stuns to keep monsters from attacking allies aswell as Fear Me! It’s quite a different build from what you are running, I also use PVT gear on that character so I can take a beating instead of an ally when neccesary. My Damage isn’t on par with a Zerker warrior but I do respectable damage with my hammer. Whenever a boss is melee unfriendly I swap to a rifle and make sure I keep people on their feet with condition curing and reviving them. I think going too far into the support role reduces your own effectiveness too much to make that role worthwhile. It also means you depend more on the skill and gear of your team than yourself when things go wrong.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

If you want to deal out damage, do not disregard your Power. You need to either put 20-30 trait points in the power line, or wear +power equipment in nearly all your equipment slots. Doing both is also an option.

Consider the “For Great Justice” shout for one of your utility slots, because it grants might and fury to yourself and allies, which also profits significantly from your boon duration.