New Computer(What spec is required)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TryGoogleThis.9570

TryGoogleThis.9570

Q:

So i love to play WvW, leading zergs, or run in coordinated groups of 2-4 groups. But i am finding myself running on low graphic in wvw if i wish to see fights and take part in them. I miss a good graphic and smooth gameplay.

I am not much into hardware and specs. and hoped someone here could help me.

atm i am looking at one with these spec.
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-3770K – 3.5 GHz
Memory(RAM)
32 GB DDR3 (4×8GB)
Harddisk
3000 GB SATA 3G+128GB SSD – 7200 o/m
Graphiccard
AMD HD 7970 – 3GB dedicated

but any ideas or tips would be helpful(also i tend to run dual monitor)

Balutrik- Charr Thief and Commander.
Balutrike-Sylvari Warrior and Commander.
Proud WvW player of Farshiverpeaks and member of [TZO]/[Keen]/[MA]

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I have a really good computer (don’t know the specs gonna update with another post with them) and WvW lags for me too. When I put the graphics on low it’s okay but mostly it’s ping lags and my skills don’t wanna cast.

My computer cost 1800€ and it’s a modern one. I have no idea if it’s even possible to avoid the lags during huge WvW fights without lowering graphics and I have no idea how it’s possible to avoid ping lags.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

“Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-3770K – 3.5 GHz
Memory(RAM)
32 GB DDR3 (4×8GB)
Harddisk
3000 GB SATA 3G+128GB SSD – 7200 o/m
Graphiccard
AMD HD 7970 – 3GB dedicated”

That seems fine, and above the recommended. I’m a little surprised the 3.5 isn’t OC’d to 3.9 or even 4.0, but that’s no biggy. As for the graphics card I’m not familiar with AMD cards only nvidia, so someone else would have to comment there. My specs are in my signature.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Be sure to get a version of windows that allows you to use that 32 gigs.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

edit: If it’s a new, pre-built system, chances are it has windows 8. If you end up building one, just be sure to get the right version of windows.
If you go with just win 7 premium, you will only be able to access 16 gigs tops. Any version of Win 8 would work.

Posted by: TryGoogleThis.9570

TryGoogleThis.9570

it is a prebuilt, it has windows 8, but basicly if its unable of running wvw with decent graphic( i am aware of server lag since anets servers are terrible) but in generel just remove lag and make it more smooth.

if its not capable of doing so it would be a waste to get it for me.

Balutrik- Charr Thief and Commander.
Balutrike-Sylvari Warrior and Commander.
Proud WvW player of Farshiverpeaks and member of [TZO]/[Keen]/[MA]

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

My PC is way under yours. And I’m running full resolution. And have no lag in WvW, except Claw of Jormag and “intrnet” lag when there are like 400vs400 in wvw

Fade.7658

I run an I5-2500K, not overclocked, with 8 gigs of ram and a GTX 460 1GB card. I get around 30-35 FPS in WvW, and while it does slow down somewhat in larger fights, it’s still easily playable. I see ~22 FPs in LA running around, and it runs fine.

You won’t really see a lot of improvement with 32 gigs of ram over 8 or even 16 (there is some improvement, but not a lot), but you’ll be able to tab out, and do other things with GW2 with no real loss of performance.

You’ll love having a SSD. While it doesn’t improve gameplay, having minimal loading screens, and right around 8-12 seconds boot time will make it so you’ll never go back to a regular hard drive for your system drive. Just be sure to optimize it (you can google on how to do so, there are plenty of sites out there in case your system doesn’t come optimized).

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

You’ll pretty much max the game with that computer, at least on a conventional monitor (not the “3D” monitor or multi display). I have a little less GPU (660 Ti) and about the same CPU (2500k overclocked) as what you’re getting and I was fine in WvW zergs with almost maxed 1920×1080 graphics (no AA).

I’m in agreement with the post right above me that 32GiB RAM is overkill unless you have a need for it (e.g. 3D art / design, simulation, photo editing, etc). I run small virtual machines (little Linux instances) while I program on my computer and 8GiB is still enough for that use.

What I’m not seeing in there is POWER SUPPLY! Make sure you get a good one or all those nice components will go up in smoke along with the power supply. You’ll also want to have nice cooling in the case for the 7970 or it will sound like a jet engine or just plain overheat. I’d say a well-placed 120mm intake and 120mm exhaust at least (or more / bigger fans if you want to turn the speed down on the fans).

Fade.7658

Seasonic makes some of the best power supplies out there. They make them for Antec.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Sounds like a good pc setup,but in all honesty 32gb is overkill ( can also give probs when overclocking ) unless you plan on using it for a ramdisk,or are heavy on video editing etc i suggest to go for 16gb with a higher speed.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I didn’t realize how awesome it is having a SSD until I watched someone’s live feed on twitch. I actually asked my guildies if it took them that long in loading screens as well. they just asked me if I had a SSD :P all of the twitch guy’s loading screens took what seemed like 15-20 seconds. mine takes around 4-5. I never knew how spoiled I was

Fade.7658

Yeah, I’ll never go back to using a regular hard drive as a system drive.