New PC help plus.

New PC help plus.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Hello guys today I ordered my new PC ( going to build it by myself ofc) , I just want to make sure that what I payed for is actually improve my experience in this game and others . Current build is :
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 5
Graphic card : Msi r9 390 8gb
Ssd samsung evo family
PSU cooler Master 650w gx. Bronze.
Cpu cooler hyper Evo 212
Ram G.Skill f3 -12800cl9d -8GBXL
Cpu Intel i5 4690k .
If you need more info I will gladly add em.Thx in advance .

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

New PC help plus.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

it’s difficult to make a comparison on if your experience will improve without something to compare it to. is what you listed what you purchased or your current rig?

either way, if you are getting faster, better components your experience will likely improve. just kind of how it works, generally.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

New PC help plus.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

My set up runs the game great. Parts in my sig. You should have no problems, but you will have problems with fps in big WvW zurges and world boss fights, it’s the game not the hardware.

I personally would have gone with Nvidia, overall better performance in new games like witcher 3. That’s not ne ragging on AMD cards, that’s the consensus of may review sites and gaming sites like euro gamer and PC gamer.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

New PC help plus.

Alugjen Darlas.5329

it’s difficult to make a comparison on if your experience will improve without something to compare it to. is what you listed what you purchased or your current rig?

either way, if you are getting faster, better components your experience will likely improve. just kind of how it works, generally.

My current system is an old amd 6100 cpu with a gtx 570 ( dead now ) and an Asus mobo . The listed part above are the new pieces that I’m getting . Just salvaged the ram the cpu cooler and the ssd .

New PC help plus.

Alugjen Darlas.5329

My set up runs the game great. Parts in my sig. You should have no problems, but you will have problems with fps in big WvW zurges and world boss fights, it’s the game not the hardware.

I personally would have gone with Nvidia, overall better performance in new games like witcher 3. That’s not ne ragging on AMD cards, that’s the consensus of may review sites and gaming sites like euro gamer and PC gamer.

It was really close between the 970 and the r9 390 . But in the end I went with something more future proof. And my experience with Nvidia cards hasn’t been the best , I decided to make the jump and get something overkill xD .

New PC help plus.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

That should do just fine especially if you OC the CPU a bit. 60 FPS outside of zergs and maybe LA depending on your settings.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

New PC help plus.

BrotherBelial.3094

It was really close between the 970 and the r9 390 . But in the end I went with something more future proof. And my experience with Nvidia cards hasn’t been the best , I decided to make the jump and get something overkill xD .

That’s fair. My bro in law loved AMD cards, when we both first got PC’s he said I should get one with an AMD card(this was way back in 2000 might have been 2001 when they where Radion) but my PC in my price range had an Nvidia GeForce MX440 256MB. By the time I changed that card, I want to say it was for a 5600 512MB, but I might be missing a card. He had gone through 4. All failed on him. I’ve only ever had one card cook on me and that was a second hand 9800GT. I was so impressed by it, that I replaced it with another 9800GT, and I only replaced that when my CPU went and I needed a new PC. Given how good Nvidia cards have been for me for my 14-15 years PC gaming, I’ll never change.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

New PC help plus.

Posted by: Aquila.3210

Aquila.3210

Don’t overclock, I’m worried that your PSU is not powerful enough to handle your pieces on full load as it is. The build is very good overall, you should have no problem running new games on high.

New PC help plus.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Given how good Nvidia cards have been for me for my 14-15 years PC gaming, I’ll never change.

Honestly, this isn’t a great attitude imo. Both brands are perfectly fine as long as you get something decent (so like not Visiontek, basically). Your best bet is to buy the best card in your budget no matter what it is.

Don’t overclock, I’m worried that your PSU is not powerful enough to handle your pieces on full load as it is.

What? 650W is excessive for his computer, if anything. A quality 550W would do fine.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

New PC help plus.

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Given how good Nvidia cards have been for me for my 14-15 years PC gaming, I’ll never change.

Honestly, this isn’t a great attitude imo. Both brands are perfectly fine as long as you get something decent (so like not Visiontek, basically). Your best bet is to buy the best card in your budget no matter what it is.

Don’t overclock, I’m worried that your PSU is not powerful enough to handle your pieces on full load as it is.

What? 650W is excessive for his computer, if anything. A quality 550W would do fine.

To be honest this psu has been one of the best I have ever owned . Had one of those expensive gold quality that died in 6 months . After that I never ever wasted money on those type of psu . Saw cooler Master had good reviews , got this bronze quality and 3 years later still going on like a champ .

New PC help plus.

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Don’t overclock, I’m worried that your PSU is not powerful enough to handle your pieces on full load as it is. The build is very good overall, you should have no problem running new games on high.

Had my old 570 oced and cpu never had any problems. In full load this system will never go past 550W.

New PC help plus.

BrotherBelial.3094

When review sites are telling me that AMD cards are underperforming in the same price range, I think my “attitude” is fine. If I’ve never had a problem with a brand and I think the price is right, why would I change?

New PC help plus.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Do you have another hard drive for the rest of your games or are you relying solely on your new SSD (also, how big is it?)

New PC help plus.

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Do you have another hard drive for the rest of your games or are you relying solely on your new SSD (also, how big is it?)

i have a WD 2tb + 1 ssd 250 gb for Windows 10 + the main games .