New Player

New Player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Azazel.8456

Azazel.8456

Hi all I bought this games a long while ago and took me many months to finally unbox and play. Then I just had too much real life stuff going on I forgot all about it. I recently bought FF XIV and find the game lacking. I cant really put my finger on what it is though. I have never played any other mmo other than these and just wondering if its worth still jumping in to give this game a try. I mainly want to play for social reasons and not for much else. Having fun and relaxing is my number 1 priority. Will I still find others new to the game I can play with and find other players to have fun with?

New Player

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Considering they recently did a free trial weekend and released a new version of the game to boost sales I’d say now is a pretty good time to find other new players.

But also one of the good things about this game is that any area below your level is still viable – you can still get experience and good loot there and the enemies are still somewhat challenging. So you’ll often find higher level players in starter areas and you can join in with them without it adversely affecting either of you.

So even if you can’t find many new players you should still be able to find people to play with.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

New Player

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Due to the down scaling higher level characters get when they enter lower level zones, I have never noticed empty wasteland starter zones….they always have some players in them. They may even get more crowded as it appears that the newer crafting materials they are about to release will require some number of lower level materials to create. Those low tier materials are only available in lower level zones.

What server are you on? Look me up if you ever get to Yak’s Bend.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances