New Player, First login

New Player, First login

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TucanSam.8179

TucanSam.8179

Any suggestions on good servers to join? I just bought/downloaded the game, and thought I’d ask if there are any others that are better/worse in America before I commit to one blindly. Thanks!

New Player, First login

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You are going to get as many different answers as there are servers….

The real question is just how committed to playing WvW are you going to be? That’s the ONLY game mode that matters in that decision.

I’m on Yak’s Bend and find it a very friendly and helpful server with upper middle WvW success (we won the Silver League recently, but were soundly thrashed in our forays into the Gold League ranks).

Feel free to message me if you have questions or need help when I’m on (early mornings, evenings CDT).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

New Player, First login

Posted by: TucanSam.8179

TucanSam.8179

I’ll try it out, thanks!

New Player, First login

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

1. If you want a challenge in WvW pick a server low on the leadership board.
2. If you want to ride the coattails of others in WvW, pick a server high on the leadership board.
3. If you want to WvW with your firends, pick the same server they are on.
4. If you want to WvW with your guild, pick the same server they are on.
5. If you are big on role-playing consider Tarnished Coast (from what I have heard).
6. If none of the above apply, then pick the server that has the name you like best because it does not matter.

Leadership Board: https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

Oh, and if you ever want to change servers in the future, it is possible so don’t worry too much about it.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

New Player, First login

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

PvE wise it does not matter what server you choose as its all “megaserver” these days. The only thing it affects is World vs World.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

New Player, First login

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Oh, and if you ever want to change servers in the future, it is possible so don’t worry too much about it.

TucanSam: However… it is not free

To transfer to a different world, go to the character selection screen (using F12 or when you first logon) and select the desired world; you will be logged out while the game makes these changes, which might take 5-30 minutes. You can transfer once every seven days at a cost determined by the destination server population.

Standard transfer fees

• Medium: 500 Gem
  • High: 1000 Gem
  • Very High: 1800 Gem

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Server

New Player, First login

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

TucanSam: However… it is not free

To transfer to a different world, go to the character selection screen (using F12 or when you first logon) and select the desired world; you will be logged out while the game makes these changes, which might take 5-30 minutes. You can transfer once every seven days at a cost determined by the destination server population.

Standard transfer fees

• Medium: 500 Gem
  • High: 1000 Gem
  • Very High: 1800 Gem

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Server

The cost is determined by the destination server population or whether or not you have characters on your account. If you delete all characters then you can transfer for free to any non full server once every 7 days (initial account server selection is considered day one so new accounts have to be 7 days old before they can transfer).
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.