New Player here asking for your advice

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dvantaman.3617

Dvantaman.3617

currently I’m level 14 now .

Human Thief.

Can you give tips ? advices ?(advices on what to do next?) what are the next plan to do with my character

also , I’m always having a hard time to do soloing some heart quests .. because of lack of players ..

What level can i do fractals ? dungeons ?

just noob here.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I dont play thief so I cant advice there but for dung is much better hit 80 firt, get some decent gear and play dungs after. Fractals are only for 80.
If you have problem with empty zones, try guest on more populated servers (log out and in server select use guest button) or try gw2lfg.com

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

hey my first toon was also a human thief. at lvl 14 best thing to do is get some lvl’s and find out what weapons suits your playstyle best. i used dagger/dagger and shortbow this gave me good single target dmg and AoE. do you personal story line, go to other main city’s (LA, The grove, citadel, hoelbrak) and enter the low lvl areas there. Alot of fun and nice areas to discover and gets you higher lvl so the hearts you have problems with atm will be easier.

and Dont rush to 80. just take your time eventually by just playing you will get there.

try some crafting inbetween, it fun and gives exp:)

those are all the things i can think of. atm i play a warrior and i’m lvl 50 while only just entering lvl 30-40 areas. dont need alot of healing and can solo almost everything there. gives a relaxed play style and alot of fun:) if you have more questions just ask:)

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

One tip would be to level using shortbow as primary and dual daggers as seconday. Dual pistols is cool, but the shortbow gives added survivabilitywhich will make leveling a lot easier IMO.

You should rarely (if ever) need any other players to do hearts, and most events are soloable as well, including a lot of group events. Have you considered transfering to a high population server or guesting it ?

Learn to dodge and use evade kills.

Keep your gear upgraded every five levels.

You need to be level 30 before you can run the first ‘proper’ dungeon, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

..but you can start fractals from level 1 – although, if you’re having trouble doing hearts by yourself, I doubt you’d find fractals enjoyable at lv14. But trying is free ! (well, except the repair bill

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Dvantaman.3617

Dvantaman.3617

My current weapons are dagger/dagger and short bow

but I feel so weak , like a paper.. can’t solo even 1 mob …

I know how to dodge/evade but .. but I feel like a paper

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

Some things that are efficient as a level 14 thief:

- get level 14 masterwork armor on the TP with power on it; set to level 14, masterwork quality, search text “mighty” (then upgrade your gear as more masterwork quality gear becomes available)
- slot different minor runes for +10 power each
- keep your weapons updated as well (also buy masterwork quality as it becomes available while you level up), slot 1x minor sigil of bloodlust for another power buff
- power is your most important stat, always, but early on you get a huge advantage from focusing on it
- pistol/pistol and shortbow are good for soloing if you like a little range, dagger/dagger is also good but requires more mobility

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

My current weapons are dagger/dagger and short bow

but I feel so weak , like a paper.. can’t solo even 1 mob …

I know how to dodge/evade but .. but I feel like a paper

Have you gotten new weapons and armor since you started your character? Wearing armor that is 10 levels lower than you are is a big handicap.

Also, NEVER fight by just standing in one place and using your skills one by one. Strafe, dodge, keep moving while you activate your skills. Not getting hit is the way to stay alive.

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

and check what map your on. as a low level you can run to every map up to lvl 80 maps. you will keep your low lvl and die easy. staying in a map just below your lvl makes everything alot easier!

Posted by: Melis.9687

Melis.9687

Also get a friendly friend to play with, it’s more fun and easier than being alone. It might not be so easy because I find people never say anything to strangers.