New Player looking for good guides

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nevets.3267

Nevets.3267

Afternoon all… I’m returning player and very confused with skill choices… I have 3-4 80’s, but just dont seem to remember much about the game, I was going to level a character from 1, and started a revenant, but seem so weak! I figured I may have messed up skill choices…

Just for examples, does anyone know of a character guide that says what skills to buy at what levels as you are leveling up? I would just like to follow a more experienced “path” to see how to play again…

Hope that makes sense.

I know I did not ask a specific class, any detailed guide would proved a great insight, no matter the class, I think.

Thanks!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure there are any ‘guides’ to skills while leveling. The leveling process is pretty easy; if you are having a lot of difficulty, complete all maps of a level range first, before moving to the next level maps, perhaps.

Once your character has reached L80, all skills and traits will be available, save for the Elite Specialization traits/skills.

Good luck.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If you’re really struggling with a particular character, you could make a post in the profession forums. There may be something important specific to a profession you’re missing (i.e. if you never swapped attunements as an ele.)

But ya, as was mentioned, open world PvE is meant to be incredibly forgiving. You’re meant to experiment with everything and learn the profession so when it comes time to use it for real you know what everything does.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

This video guide teaches you how to improve in combat by breaking down the 3 combat mechanics and demonstrating how to best apply them in combat:

This Next Video teaches you the steps in how to make viable builds for your own while also demonstrating how these build making principles can help effect your combat experience:

And finally this video will give you a demonstration on what each class can do potentially once you have learned everything from the last 2 videos I linked:

I hope these 3 videos will help you better understand the game’s mechanics, build making principles and the way each professions play. =)

Posted by: Nevets.3267

Nevets.3267

Thanks all… I guess what Im really confused about is the order to take particular skills.. I will go to a profession forum and try to go from there!

Thank you again

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

There’s really no right or wrong order to pick skills. By the time you’re 80 you will have the Hero Points to get all skills and traits (except the elite specialization), so there are no important choices.
Look at the “wheels” of skills and pick the ones you find interesting. If there’s any tactic to it, it’s looking at the Locked skills at the end of some – the Elite skills (goes in the 0-slot). If there’s one you like the look of – make sure to work on that line of skills so you can unlock the elite asap when you hit 31 (the level the Elite slot opens).

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Since it’s doubtful that you will be doing much group content before endgame, you may want to stick to the skills that target you or the enemy moreso than the ones that target allies. Just my two cents.