New PoI's everywhere!?!

New PoI's everywhere!?!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jainay.6180

Jainay.6180

So yeah I’ve tried googling around but that gave me a headache, and also this is like the dumbest problem ever, but I have a level 80 character that I haven’t played on in a while, and I decided to try him out again, and also, I did take quite a long pause from Guild Wars.. sorry ArenaNet, BUT NOW I’M BACK, but I see on like basically all zone maps I am missing one PoI, even though I am 100% certain I completed those zones before moving on, because who lets 1 PoI left unfound on so many maps!?

So my question to you all is, what? Why? When? Where?

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Because of Living Story, many POIs were added to the game. But none of the new ones are required for 100% afaik.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Jainay.6180

Jainay.6180

I just can’t even see them on the map! I mean a PoI is hard to spot but I’ve got good eyes.. if I have to say so myself. But oh well, I guess I can live with it, then.

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Jakdariel.9076

Jakdariel.9076

Easiest way to do it (for me at least) is to start in a corner and scan each corner clockwise, then repeat farther in until I eventually hit the dead center of the map. The worst POIs always seem to be the ones in the corners/borders of each area.

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The three I can think of offhand is one in the upper right of the Wayfarer Foothills in the village by the exit to Diessa Plateau, one in Diessa Plateau in the lower left and one in Divinity’s Reach around the 5 o’clock position on the outer ring, lower level.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I just can’t even see them on the map! I mean a PoI is hard to spot but I’ve got good eyes.. if I have to say so myself. But oh well, I guess I can live with it, then.

Use the little eye in the bottom left to turn off everything except map completion. This can sometimes do the trick. I guess you could try googling for ‘POIs added to GW2’ too.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I only noticed 1 in LA and 1 in Black Citadel, Im not sure if i missed them or they were added a few months later when used that char again tho.

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

There was one added in Wayfarer foothills and one in Gendarran Fields. Also, a WP in the 15-25 Norn zone (forget the name) and the 1-15 Charr zone,iirc.

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Some of them might be in areas you need to discover, which means you cant see them until youre near.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Here is a list by Lexy.3912 of all waypoints/POIs/etc added by Living Story since launch until earlier this year. I’m not sure if others have been added since the Marionette’s Landing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Explorer-Achievements-and-100-Map/3156637

I hope it helps.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

New PoI's everywhere!?!

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Here is a list by Lexy.3912 of all waypoints/POIs/etc added by Living Story since launch until earlier this year. I’m not sure if others have been added since the Marionette’s Landing.

There’s two more in Lion’s Arch that only came with the Battle of LA if I recall correctly: one in the middle of the harbour, where the breachmaker used to be during the invasion, and another one east of the portal that leads to Lornar’s Pass.

By the way, you can always figure out what maps have missing POIs if you hover over the map name on the world map as the tooltip will show you the number of discovered and available POIs in that map. You will only see undiscovered POIs on the world map if you are in the same zone as the map. For example, to see the location of the missing POIs in Lion’s Arch, you have to be inside the city. Checking the map from Gendarran Fields or Bloodtide Coast won’t work, even if you are standing right next to the edge of the zone.

(edited by Rasimir.6239)