New! Ready for some corruption!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I adore challenging content.

Since challenging content in GW2 involves a lot of dodging, you will really want to be on the server group that gives you the best ping (NA servers are hosted in Texas and EU ones in Germany.)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As you didn’t mention RP as a thing you’re looking for, I can’t nudge you to app to my action adventure RP guild even though most of the officers are women and many of the members are as well …

But you should look at Tarnished Coast as a server as it’s densely populated, mostly full of helpful people, has a strong presence in PvE and WvW, and has been the unofficial NA RP server since beta. RP’s not required, it just tends to draw more creative and mature people (as in any MMO). Sure we get trolls and griefers but they are more laughable than game-breaking.

You can guest to any server you like to run around and listen to map chat and eavesdrop on out loud stuff in cities. Get a feel for where you like hanging out before you move — or stay where you are, which I hear is a good server for the things you’ve mentioned, and just guest whenever you want a change of pace.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hello and welcome, Lepton! I am also a lady gamer who dislikes trolls, is huge into PvE (while doing some WvW on the side), and loves a good challenge to the point of making my own challenges. So I think we have some things in common.

I do not have a guild to offer you at this time, but I’ll definitely be glad to run around with you in-game to show you the ropes or just to chat. I also will second Donari and recommend poking around on Tarnished Coast. We have our share of /map chat trolls in Queensdale and Lion’s Arch, but people tend to be quite friendly, chatty, and helpful. Since you’re interested in WvW, feel free to also visit us on our server forums (http://forthetoast.com/). Don’t be afraid to make an account, introduce yourself, and ask any questions you may have- people from other servers are welcome to post as long as they’re friendly.

Again, welcome to the game, and enjoy your stay!

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Blackgate and TC are two of the most active servers. If you’re looking to get into WvW seriously, these servers can be very competitive and the queue times to get into WvW matches are sometimes outrageous. On reset days, you can be waiting hours to play WvW.

They are great servers for world content however (meta bosses, temple events (which you’ll learn about later) and the like).

I’m in a guild on Sorrow’s Furnace, a medium -high pop server with friendly people and pretty casual playstyles, but there is a group of us that is always running something, and soon we will be putting emphasis on world bosses and open world content. There are no hardcore requirements and we have some new people as well that you could find things to do with.

Some of our veteran players are also always willing to give a hand, be it with content or advice/direction. Add me in game or shoot me a PM/mail if you’re interested, or if you have any question about the game in general.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I am also a TC player. I can attest that it is very nice, and that it is female friendly. TC has a lot of chatter in map in LA mainly because it’s a very social server. However, the first day I was considering a transfer from Maguuma, I guested on TC and there were some terribly rude trolls. The people there assured me that this was not the norm, and they weren’t lying. I’m pretty sure those trolls were punished because I have not seen them since.

I think it really depends on what you like most in the game. If your main thing is WvW I would stay on Blackgate. TC has great WvW but I think Blackgate takes it more seriously. If you’re interested in all aspects of the game, I don’t think anyone could go wrong with TC, as long as they don’t hate RP with a passion.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

There’s plenty of people willing to lend a hand on TC. If you need help with a boss or event, shout in map chat and people will usually come running. There are also people who will portal others to the end of jumping puzzles free of charge, and people who will answer questions in /map. Just earlier, I saw someone mention he couldn’t find the last heart he needed for Queensdale map completion, and several people pitched in to suggest places he’d overlooked.

I’ve guested to BG before and I do feel like there’s more small talk on TC than other servers. As Lilith said, there are trolls, but they’re the exception rather than the norm and most of them tend to be silly rather than offensive.

Regarding WvW on TC, TC is a Tier 2 server, while BG is Tier 1 (the highest tier). While TC may not be ranked as high, the WvW side has a lot of tactical knowledge and does play seriously. At the same time, though, people are more laid-back in that they rarely rage at each other for losing an objective. The server’s also very welcoming to new WvWers and holds training/introductory sessions for newcomers, and the vast majority of TC commanders like having new people along and don’t berate them for mistakes. We do have queue times, but they tend to be much shorter and less frequent than T1 queues.

Guild-wise, there’s a range of guilds on TC. There’s RP, PvE, PvX, social, dedicated WvW, and a mix of all of the above. Most guilds I’ve seen tend to have a social focus and almost every TC guild I’ve seen says they support RP, even if it’s not their core. Some guilds hold server-wide events- [AARM] organizes Tequatl kills on Sunday, [RPcd] holds “pilgrimages” where characters of all levels can get WPs all over the world, [REST] has a radio show every Saturday with in-game trivia and giveaways, [WAR] organized a WvW marathon to raise money for Extra Life, and [ESP] organized Pink Day in LA for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and a party for their own guild holiday that was open to the server. That’s not counting the RP events and festivals hosted by the RP guilds. The guild Commendation [GC], which provides guildless players or players in small guilds with the opportunity to earn guild commendations, is also based on TC.

So, pretty much what Lilith said- it’s hard to go wrong with TC unless you loathe RP.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Servers don’t really have a personality themselves, every server has nice people and trolls. What you need to think about is how big (bigger = more people to play with, longer queue times in wvw) and what guilds you would like to join that make up that server. From what women I play with tell me, people don’t consider girl players as inadequate as much these days. You’re less likely to be called ‘bad’, more likely to be hit on.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I also support TC as a choice. Blackgate may have a larger population, but there’s something for everyone in Tarnished Coast!

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

Welcome to Tyria! From my experience, GW2 generally has a friendly community so no matter which server you choose, you’ll find friendly people who are willing to help.
I’m from another server, but TC is a good choice. I have friends who call their server home and they love the community there. They are very active in WvW being a higher tier server, so if you are looking into WvW, be prepared for a long, long queue time wait.
TC is also the unofficial RP server and I love guesting to TC just to watch the action.. and RP too! You’ll either love it or hate it, but I actually like it :P

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

well EU Gandara has 1 guild called AoF (aura of faith)

we do events every wednesday and saturday, we have a lot of experienced players and we do everything though some more then others. mostly pve, and some do wvw regularly, i myself am a merchant in edible goods (cooking), a very select few do some spvp every once in a while.

we are still trying to get all the guild missions unlocked, but that is where we are heading right now! nearly have guild rush unlocked and by doing all available missions every week we hope to get to puzzles soon.

we also have TS and at least 4 girls in the guild (that i know of) and a TS server we use to organize and just have socialize in. average age is about 20 something, and because of that most of us have jobs or are looking for one :P soooooo we might be a little to casual for you, but we would love to have you if you are still looking.

somethings you might want to consider though:
ping.
pve content can be completed while guesting.

Posted by: Howler.7103

Howler.7103

Hey,

I am relatively new like you. Had the game less than a week. I played Gw 1 a lot and after a year, a friend convinced me to get the GW2. He told me to choose blackgate as my server. Well, i started WvW with him 2 nights ago. Since we have different schedules i started playing solo in WvW last night. Well i noticed in chat people spamming a ts3 server. So i sent a private message, and they explained some very noobie things to me.

Once i got on ts3 they gave me move power and moved me into the correct room. Where i later would realize in a room of 25 people 10 were ladys including the one that had helped me. They were all friendly, and while there was only one time that they got upset with me, until the whole room found i out i was new and immediately started being helpful in pm not voip due to commander call outs.

So last night on blackgate, i found friendly people for WvW with a ts3 server with females as this seemed to be something you wanted i thought i would share. It seems the ts3 server is the whole blackgate server, and i joined a few other mobs and found another that there room always plays music and it seems like a group of guys there just to have a good time.

TLDR
Im new as well. Found a few really nice people on blackgate that welcome females. Would suggest joining the ts3 server to get a feel for the WvW atmosphere. Sorry, at work or i would add the ts3 info.

What does this button do?

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

You do not need to remove characters to switch servers, dont worry.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /