New classes(with builds) ranking.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Hey guys,

What would class (with builds) ranking after those new changes look like? I really liked tier system, which will change dramatically from what it was earlier. What would be the best team comp for endgame? So, basically – everything about which class is better and which class is worse and which one to pick.

Greetings!

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

What game mode? In www, GWEN is still meta, in roaming we may see more “lol i’m an archer” rangers so that’s some free kills.

For pve, eles are weakened by the huge nerf to fgs, especially in solos. They are still in a good spot for the meta, but we probably won’t stack 4 eles anymore. Warriors are still banner bots, we probably won’t need empower allies without an fgs meta. Engineers will probably be more valuable in speedruns, and even if they are not it’s a great casual run class, with really good dps, crazy vuln stacking and access to stealth, might, water fields, reflects, blinds… Necro could replace a 4th ele in easy dungeons. Guardians are still good, rangers are upped a bit.

tl;dr: pvp didn’t change much, we’ll see more med guards and bearbows; for pve, best class is still ele, but engineer and ranger are a bit more optimal. We’re waiting for the exact numbers to see what classes will rise in this new meta.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Hattoni.8597

So basically ranger is still trash in pvp, no big changes for necro – still worst class in pve.
Guardian was and always will be stronger more than enough.
Warrior was nerfed, but not much enough to make him ‘balanced’ – still desirable in every single game mode.
Ele – still number one ~dps wise, excellent in pve, at least very good in pvp.
Engineer – I do love changes for engineer. God in pvp and more than good in pve.
Mesmer – god in pvp and pve – mesmer got some nice buffs.

Is that true what I wrote?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

The adrenaline nerf to warrior for pvp settings is huge. Finally I can dodge a burst attack and not have a warrior switch weapons and do another burst attack all on a ~8sec recharge.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Hattoni.8597

I remember there was one topic in which tier system was used. I wonder which classes are god tier after those changes. I think engineer is a beast – he was strong (ok, maybe in pve he lacks of some utilities) but now he’s in very good spot. I’m happy to hear warrior is not totally op now.
I don’t know what to think about those changes – now it seems that every single class is strong, so game is quite balanced (ok, maybe except necro in pve) – I think there will be more engineers, mesmers and rangers as they got some love finally.

oxtred.7658

Keep in mind that tiers are situational and there’s a lot of situations where this doesn’t apply, but for now:
pve:
ele, engi,guardian, warrior are in a good/great spot, both in pugs and guild runs
thief, ranger, mesmer are situational/ rather meh
necro still lacks support

www:
GWEN is still the zerg meta
thieves and mesmers are still great roamers
rangers and condi mesmers will shift, med guards are buffed, slight deserved nerf to warriors
pvp: we may see more power rangers ( go go!), dps guard will probably be viable at higher levels, maybe the warrior stack will end a bit, not sure

Hattoni.8597

Why you didn’t mention engineer in both pvp and wvw? I always thought they are pretty much op, what is wrong with them?

oxtred.7658

Engineers are pretty good indeed, they’ll get a good relative buffs in pve, are fun in small scale roaming, and in a good spot for pvp. They are pretty average right now, that’s why I forgot to mention them.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Problem with the engineer is it scales very highly with player skill, so the difference in power between a master and a new player is staggering. At least the ele has a braindead mode that still works relatively well (staff fire 2-1-1-1), but engineers are very hard to use.

I don’t anticipate it ever becoming a meta regardless of how high they buff it. Though frankly, any buffs to it might lead to horrible OPness at the highest levels of player skill.

oxtred.7658

Engi will be meta for pve related content at some point. At least, they are much more useful than some other classes struggling to keep on par. But yeah, the skill cap is really high.

Hattoni.8597

So for engineers differences between low skilled player and high skilled player are huge enough to make him worse than old ranger or absolutely op? I’m just curious why everyone can make quite similar worse-best classes rankings, but one group of people put engi at top of ranking while others put engi at the bottom of ranking.

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

So for engineers differences between low skilled player and high skilled player are huge enough to make him worse than old ranger or absolutely op? I’m just curious why everyone can make quite similar worse-best classes rankings, but one group of people put engi at top of ranking while others put engi at the bottom of ranking.

I think perhaps those people either have not played an Engineer, or do not like the “steampunk” style of the Engineer. However the Engineer has received many buffs over the years and currently there is not much other professions can do that they cannot. And in many cases they can do things better than most professions can.

Just as a quick example, the Guardian gets a boon called Aegis as part of its profession mechanic. It is granted from their Virtue of Courage. The Aegis refreshes every 40 seconds passively and if the Guardian uses it on demand it recharges in 90 seconds.

The Engineer can take a Grandmaster trait called Armor Mods that grants them Aegis when struck. This trait grants them Aegis for 5 seconds and has a 15 second recharge timer on it basically giving Engineers better access to Aegis than a Guardian gets and Aegis is one of the Guardian’s profession mechanics!

There just isn’t a lot a profession can do that an Engineer simply cannot do better. There are some exceptions, but not a lot.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

oxtred.7658

Engi is the least played class and the hardest to master, so yes rotations are hard to write in stone. We don’t know how much they will be affected by the patch, some claims that engi will be more valuable to cap vuln and might, others think their spot is better used by something else. Their dps is also reliant on things like bunker down, so their actual damage is usually lower than the spreadsheets. I myself think they are valuable.

Hattoni.8597

I’m asking those questions about engineer, because in my opinion engi was always strong enough in everything but pve. The thing is if engi gets at least one buff it may become op as hell if played well. In my opinion engineer and mesmer they both may become too strong pvp wise.

Michaeas Magister.1589

Engi is the least played class and the hardest to master, so yes rotations are hard to write in stone. We don’t know how much they will be affected by the patch, some claims that engi will be more valuable to cap vuln and might, others think their spot is better used by something else. Their dps is also reliant on things like bunker down, so their actual damage is usually lower than the spreadsheets. I myself think they are valuable.

I don’t see them as the least played class myself. At launch? Definitely. But now I see Engineers everywhere and in plentiful numbers.

As for being the hardest to master, I would say they are tied with the Elementalist on that one. Both require a great deal of skill, but the Elementalist has less health and less armor than the Engineer and can make fewer mistakes without dying.

I think both are quite viable in all game modes and judging by the composition of the winning teams in the Tournament of Legends 2 (one had two Engineers and an Elementalist and the other had two Elementalists and one Engineer) I would say that they are more than viable in sPvP.

Thanks.

Michaeas Magister.1589

As a caveat, I kind of wish Engineers were more scarce. After the update, I won’t be able to even get near one on my Guardian, let alone kill one. If they were more scarce, I wouldn’t have to sit out as often in sPvP matches.

Thanks.

oxtred.7658

My rotations on ele are about perfect without 100% focusing on the game, and on engi I have to put all my focus just to achieve an optimal rotation, not even counting dodging in between. And engi is the first char I made 2 years ago. That’s for pve, in pvp yeah engi is quite easier, but still not a first timer class. Maybe I’m a bad engi, though.

Hattoni.8597

So, what would be your personal class ranking for spvp now?

oxtred.7658

hmm. For spvp you still kind of need a guardian, warriors are always nice to have as well.
Guard
warrior
ele
engi
thief
mesmer
necro
ranger
? I don’t know if that makes sense. What’s sure is: heavies are still high in the meta, both engis and eles are great close holder/ far assaulter, thieves are getting down due to celestial making squishies harder to burst down, and we have to see how the changes to mesmers do. I put rangers last for now, but with the patch, I’ve no idea how they will do. Necro may get the last spot in that case, because they got no significant buffs. Again, that’s a personal opinion not reflecting all the aspects of pvp.

Hattoni.8597

That’s what I was looking for – personal opinions on classes. I think the only thing, which we may be sure about is that heavies are always desirable. For me this ranking would be:
guard
war/engi
ele
ranger
mesmer
thief
necro

This might be all wrong, that’s only my opinion.

oxtred.7658

I wouldn’t say ranger will be above mesmers, at least in organized pvp ( tpvp). They still have portal and good burst damage/ good range damage.