New level 80, ways to get a weapon?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: legion.7518

legion.7518

I’m new to game and first time to 80. I’ve tried reading the guide but I’m still confused. I just want to get a good weapon first, I’ll worry about the rest later. So I guess what I want is an Exotic weapon, right? I haven’t done any crafting. I have about 5 gold and 100K karma. So what’s the best way to get a really good level 80 Greatsword? What are my options?

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Buy it from the trading post or run some dungeons to get tokens and trade it in for a weapon you like. First figure out what stats you want so you know what to run.

Posted by: legion.7518

legion.7518

What kind of tokens are we talking about exactly? I get confused by all the different forms of currency in this game.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

At the end of each dungeon in explorable mode, you will get dungeon tokens specific to that dungeon.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Token

You can trade these tokens in at LA to buy exotic equipment. Each dungeon offers several stat combinations but not all.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Dungeons

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

meh just buy a weapon off of TP, some are only a few gold. Then buy a cheap sigil you can use now and upgrade later. Chances are you will pay more in sigils than the weapon itself at some point. Buy like a major bloodlust or superior purity or something, upgrade later if you feel you need to. Chances are you will have more than one GS anyway, if that’s your primary weapon.

With the krm, go to maybe cursed shore and get exotic armor, you can get a chest piece right now and leggings with a few more karma. Different vendors carry different stats on their armor, so get the pcs that best fit your build, or close to it. Since you only have 100k, you wont have enough for a whole set (looks great on my warrior minus helmet, saved it up for a full set at 80) so just mix in the rest with TP bought armor.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)