New melle class help

New melle class help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Xavianbv.9475

Xavianbv.9475

Hi guys. At the moment I have elementalist as main and looking to go for melle. What class would you recommend after the last patch? Im am looking on playing world versus worlds and spvp

New melle class help

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

I’m assuming you mean melee. Depends on what kind of playstyle you’re looking for. Do you want supportive, offensive or defensive? A mixture of two of those is possible with pretty much any class, they all just do it differently. Warriors has a lot of offensive support for his team and deal a lot of damage too. Necromancer, especially reaper, can deal very heavy damage, or they can use a lot of life steal to help their team survive. Both these classes also have the possibility of dealing a lot of condition damage.

Tl;dr it really depends on what playstyle you’re looking for beyond just melee. More info can help give you an answer.

New melle class help

Posted by: Xavianbv.9475

Xavianbv.9475

Yes it was melee, sorry . I am pretty new to the game as well. I am playing for 4 weeks now. I want a melee class that is good in World vs world and spvp with good damage and that can support their team. At the moment I am thinking between warrior, guardian and revenant but I don’t know which one to choose.

New melle class help

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

If it’s between those 3 choose guardian to be good/great in wvw spvp and pve… warrior is good in pve… revenant just got nerfed

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

New melle class help

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

The revenant “nerf” isnt a nerf at all. It’s autoattack was grossly overpowered and was brought into line. It’s still extremely powerful, damage and support

New melle class help

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Warrior is the staple class of all RPG/fantasy games, everyone should play at least one (I have 3 chars that are warriors). XD

New melle class help

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I agree with Fenris’s statement on play style. To expand on that point, e.g. WvW, you can either be a zergling or a roamer. Some play styles benefit from a class with lots of mobility. Etc…

As sPvP (and WvW to a certain degree) don’t actually require you to have a lvl 80 char, you can just make chars to try out then delete if you don’t find them particularly effective for how you like to play.

FYI, I play staff/s/d condi reaper in sPvP, but I fight close up because I aim to pop my shroud. So technically, I play a melee style despite what my weapons imply.