New player advice

New player advice

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: fressh.6094

fressh.6094

Hey all i just bought guild wars 2 and made a sylvari ranger in tarnished coast and would like advice on a few things

1. Is TC a good server community wise, i like to mingle with fellow gamers and am always trying to help new players even when im new myself :p, also with me being in australia i dont know if the time difference is close to EST, ive missed plenty of events in other mmo’s because of it

2. Would love advice on active guilds within TC if anyone knows any

Thanks in advance and join me in game for some random fun

New player advice

fressh.6094

Also whats the lingo in guild wars 2 for eg. zerg or OP.. no idea what they mean

New player advice

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There have been posts of lingo before. The best way to learn it is to ask when you hear it. For the two you mention:

zerg — a large group of players fighting en masse to just roll over opposition
OP — in a forum, the original post. In discussion of mechanics, overpowered.

New player advice

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I’m on TC, but I’m not sure about server population and time of day. When I used to work nights, I vaguely remember an Australia-based guild advertising that it was looking for members.

Maybe search something like “GW2 TC Australia” and see what comes up ? (or things like that) It might be a good way to find out what communities exist – maybe there is a very big AUS guild somewhere ?

I would also advise you search for a guild based on what you’re looking to “do”. If you’re not sure, maybe just look for a guild of friendly players who do a little of everything. You can join more than one guild at no penalty – so if you want to join a WvWvW or dungeon-specific guild later you can.

New player advice

Posted by: Karioke.9247

Karioke.9247

I’m an American on TC, but due to work I’m always online late at night to early morning. There may not be as many people on as there are during the day, but there’s still a fair amount that honestly surprised me when I first started playing.

New player advice

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

TC is one of the higher pop servers in wvw and pve. Its an roleplaying server also. Im not on TC so idk about guilds but you can just roll on over to their community website and find a guild.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

New player advice

Posted by: Zouron.8754

Zouron.8754

Welcome to Tarnished Coast !!!
I’m from Australia too and have been part of TC since launch. I’ve never really missed any events here because of the time zone. Some maps are less populated than others, but there are always people around to play with.

If you are looking for a guild send me a pm or mail in game and I’ll get you an invite, we always people online doing stuffs.

New player advice

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You won’t really have to worry about missing events due to timezones. They all repeat between every 20minutes to 3hours depending on the event.

There was a single one time event a year ago but the devs have learned not to do that again. :P

New player advice

fressh.6094

thanks all for the replies really helped, im honestly surprised that the majority of people on here are so friendly and willing to help, i may have found a game i can never put down.. Btw zouran ill take u up on that i already joined a awesome wvw guild, and since i can join more i dont see why not

New player advice

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Every server has their own forum (its not part of the official website, but since you found a WvW guild im sure they can point you in the right direction) that you can go to to find groups or other guilds.

And im in FA , so il see you on the battlefield