New player needs help with a Prof

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: King Slayer.6407

King Slayer.6407

Hi i am pretty much a brand new player. Over the passed few nights i have been using the free level 80 token to mess around with certain classes i wanna play with and i think ive narrowed it down to Necro/Reaper Warrior/Berserker Ele/Tempest Guardian not for DH but maybe firebrand in PoF and maybe ranger. Im leaning more towards the Necromancer because the specialization looks awesome. Im looking for a class that hits pretty hard has good survivability and somthing that once im ready for group play ill be a much needed addition to a team. Hope you guys can help. Thank you.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Nobody knows at this point how the meta will change with the introduction of the new elite specs. So it’s going to be a bit difficult to predict how much in demand any particular class will be.

The solo play concerns come down to build, not class. Even classes with a reputation for being squishy can have good survivability and strong damage with the right build.

Having said that, necro is probably the easiest class for solo survival due to death shroud and access to minions. This makes necro somewhat less build-dependent than some other classes in terms of solo survival. And while necro isn’t considered a superior damage class, any class is capable of putting out more than sufficient damage in open world play.

King Slayer.6407

Nobody knows at this point how the meta will change with the introduction of the new elite specs. So it’s going to be a bit difficult to predict how much in demand any particular class will be.

The solo play concerns come down to build, not class. Even classes with a reputation for being squishy can have good survivability and strong damage with the right build.

Having said that, necro is probably the easiest class for solo survival due to death shroud and access to minions. This makes necro somewhat less build-dependent than some other classes in terms of solo survival. And while necro isn’t considered a superior damage class, any class is capable of putting out more than sufficient damage in open world play.

Thats understandable. I guess ill just run a Necro for now and see where stuff goes when the DLC releases i still have the level 80 tokens so at least this way i can see the game from start to end on at least one class. Thank you.

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Necro is crazy survivable. If you’re going through the game sans lv 80 boost, I strongly recommend starting with Blood Magic traits. Blood magic makes a Dagger/Wells build viable for spike damage, minion lifedrain a solid choice, and gives group support. I personally went Blood/Death Soul Reaping until 80 and had a lot of fun with it.

King Slayer.6407

Honestly because im pretty much brand new none of that really meant anything to me but it all sounds great haha.