New to Game, Any Advice?

New to Game, Any Advice?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: acfuryboy.8762

acfuryboy.8762

Hello fellow players,

I bought GW2 years ago and haven’t had much time to play it hardly at all. I am coming back to the game w/ my base account. Is it worth it to upgrade to the expansion now or wait until I level to base cap? This is not a f2p account as I paid for the base game. I honestly have no idea what I’m getting myself into or how to even start so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

New to Game, Any Advice?

Posted by: No One.3716

No One.3716

Try it out and see if you’re going to enjoy the gameplay. Most of the open world pve content in the expansion is post level 80, if you’re going to be into PVP it may be a different story.

Take your time; find a class that you enjoy playing. After you have at least one class at 80 then you can decide if you enjoy the game enough to try out the HOT content, or possibly the next expansion will be out by then (which will also include HOT).

Gameplay wise; learn to dodge; sell everything you get that you can while leveling on the trading post; buy larger bags asap; everything grants xp (killing mobs, ressing allies, gathering, exploring); you can access the wiki in game by typing /wiki (search term).

Welcome (back) to GW2, and most importantly; Have Fun.

New to Game, Any Advice?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Also remember that this isn’t like any MMO you may have played before. You aren’t led about from quest giver to quest giver and pushed from map to map. There are scouts that can tell you what’s around a particular area of the map but it’s entirely up to you what order to do them in, if at all. For me exploration was my driving force, finding events to do as well as Hearts, PoI and Vistas to level up.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New to Game, Any Advice?

Posted by: VanHalenRules.5243

VanHalenRules.5243

sell everything you get that you can while leveling on the trading post

Iirc, I wasn’t able to use TP when I didn’t have HoT. So if that’s the case, I think the only thing you can really do with the gear that you get that you’re not using is salvage it or sell at merchant.

Making a sales pitch for Anet: HoT is well worth it, best 50$ I’ve ever spent in any mmo… and I think now it’s cheaper, people were saying like 30$ now if I’m not mistaking.

Altered Tuner, Hockey Defender (CD server)

New to Game, Any Advice?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

sell everything you get that you can while leveling on the trading post

Iirc, I wasn’t able to use TP when I didn’t have HoT. So if that’s the case, I think the only thing you can really do with the gear that you get that you’re not using is salvage it or sell at merchant.

Making a sales pitch for Anet: HoT is well worth it, best 50$ I’ve ever spent in any mmo… and I think now it’s cheaper, people were saying like 30$ now if I’m not mistaking.

Well if you were on a P4F account then yes, the TP is limited however a full version of the base game is able to.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New to Game, Any Advice?

Posted by: No One.3716

No One.3716

Even a P4F has workarounds as the salvage components (ore, leather, cloth) and low level fine crafting mats are salable.