New to Tarnished Coast

New to Tarnished Coast

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kezia.5194

kezia.5194

I just joined Tarnished Coast yesterday because heard it had a great community and I’m interested in trying some roleplaying. Right away, in the starting area, there was someone roleplaying that they’d never left the Sylvari dream. I messed it up, didn’t stay IC, but it was very impressive to witness!

Today I had the opposite experience. I tried to help in a fight and the person said “no mine” so I retreated. Then they followed me for a bit, and when I died they spit on me. I’m not even sure they were roleplaying. In any case, I hope stuff like that isn’t common.

Any words of wisdom out there for a TC roleplayer who was literally born yesterday?

New to Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It depends on what sort of RP you want. In Divinity’s Reach, Rurikton has a ton of RP going on all the time, as does the Ossan quarter. Those will more likely be “tavern RP” or relationship RP, though you’ll overhear crimes and arrests as well. In LA there is usually someone having a meeting in the Crow’s Nest. In the Grove you can find people at the bar in the Star Bower. On Thursday evenings a sylvari guild runs gatherings there, or did; I confess I haven’t gone for a bit. You can also find people hanging out in Applenook (town just by the north exit from LA, level 30 area but the run to the tavern is safe so long as pirates aren’t attacking).

For RP out in the world you either need to stumble on it — the other day I happened on some sort of tour group gathering in southeast Harathi, though unhappily I had something else I had to do at that time — or be part of a guild that’s making RP happen. Or else join guildwars2roleplayers.com to find out about events and RP guilds.

Ignore the jerk who claimed “mine” on a fight. That’s ridiculous, there is no kill tagging in GW2. Spitting is … jeeze. I have never seen anyone on TC do that and I’ve been on TC since the first beta. I’m so sorry that was your early/first experience.

Just adventure in the world until you spot people RPing. Or go up to someone and start (might take a few tries). Last night I was standing around in my new Ascended look trying to find a good spot to screenshot it when a woman walked up and said “you look fancy.” Boom, half an hour of fun conversation IC.

New to Tarnished Coast

kezia.5194

Hey, thank you Donari. That’s a lot to start out with. I think I’ll try to casually walk into a bar and see what I find.

New to Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

I think Donari covered most of your post, but do you remember the name or guild of the latter player? Please PM them to me if you do, even if you only remember the guild tag. I will do my best to make sure he gets his comeuppance.

Sometimes you get trolls who claim RPing as a defense, but Anet accepts no excuses and is very quick to ban players who harass others. Some months ago, I saw a newbie ask for help with a skill point in map chat only to get yelled at by a complete random to “stop being lazy and do it yourself.” About five other players (myself included) piped up immediately and told him to shut his hole if he wasn’t going to be helpful, and then came to help the newcomer. He gave the “I was just RPing, isn’t this the unofficial RP server?” excuse, to which we all told him to stop making a mockery of RP and reported him. I didn’t see him the day after, or the day after that, or any day months after that.

So that’s the general personality of TC- it has an excellent community overall with a few bad apples, and the bad apples get kicked from guilds, talked over, and run off the server or the game itself.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

New to Tarnished Coast

kezia.5194

I remember his name but I think I’ll leave it for now. The last thing I want to do is join a server and cause immediate drama! I’ll keep him in mind and if something happens again, I’ll make sure he’s called on it.

But otherwise for now I’m having a great time on TC. It’s actually surprising how friendly it is. I even had someone whisper just to say Welcome and they’ll help with builds and such if I need it. Great community, guys. I’m glad to be a part of it.

New to Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

The RP in the Tarnished Coast is so harcore that sometimes is scary.

Attachments:

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

New to Tarnished Coast

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

Gamemaster, too true.
I’m a frequent “guest” to TC just for the RP (and friends). It is wow.

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain