New to the game, and looking for a class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Thief.5186

Thief.5186

Ok so, I have probably just been playing for about a month, and have pretty much been just doing PvP, getting a feel for all the classes to see what I likes.

But now I can’t seems to choose what class I wan’t because idk how they are in other parts of the game.

The classes I like the most so far are

Thief/Necro/Guard/Ranger (not in that order) I really like doing PvP and I find I’m more consistent with Necro.

But I have been watching a lot of videos online and stuff like builds/tips/montages and stuff like that. And I really like the idea of like a solo roamer just going around looking for fights and stuff.

And with the upcoming changed idk how much different these guys will be from now, if for better or for worse.

So Im basically looking for some general info/opinions on what people feel is good at roaming/pvp out of these classes, or if certain ones may not be worth it after the new patch.

Thanks for any help

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

You should probably at least make a thief don’t you think?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Domzz.1260

Domzz.1260

If you want to roam by yourself I would advise you go thief. If you want to roam in a group you can choose either necromancer or guardian.

Let me know any other questions you have I’ll be glad to address them

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

I’d pick guardian or necromancer – thief works well as solo roamer, but guardian and necro are much more versatile. What is more guardian may not work as solo roamer as good as thief, BUT he’s strong in every other game mode. Necro is good in pvp, so he might be a good choice too. I enjoyed necro the most.

I know you only asked about guard/necro/ranger/thief, but maybe you should also consider engineer?

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I suggest you to try each one of the professions, that’s right, all of them.
Perhaps you think like ’’Ohh my god, Guardians looks horrible, I would never play as that!’’ or ’’Meh, Rangers with pets..??’’
You will totally fall in love in a unexpected profession that you did not thought you would’ve like to play as.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

That’s true. Especially in GW2, where every class can work as pretty much anythink. Picking class here does not make you to fulfill a certain job, in example guardian do not have no be tanker. I do love how interesting every class is.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

Thief is very Op in 1vs 1 in pvp
but not many are walking alone in a pvp area

so you must be very good in what your doing
also mesmer can be very OP in pvp if you no how to play it well

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

“And I really like the idea of like a solo roamer just going around looking for fights and stuff.”

Out of your 4 picks thief is the most appropriate for this.

Posted by: Thief.5186

Thief.5186

I suggest you to try each one of the professions, that’s right, all of them.
Perhaps you think like ‘’Ohh my god, Guardians looks horrible, I would never play as that!’’ or ‘’Meh, Rangers with pets..??’’
You will totally fall in love in a unexpected profession that you did not thought you would’ve like to play as.

Hey thanks for the comment, but I have tried every single class, for at least 50 pvp matches, may not a ton of time, but i feel that deff allows me to try builds, and get a feel for how the class will play.

Atm I think I brought it down to 2 classes, Guardian and Ranger. I have been playing a lot of these two lately and really starting to like them, and getting way better, prolly better than i am with necromancer atm.