Newbie Questions(Spec: Engineer/Scrap)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jackdaw.3241

Jackdaw.3241

Q:

Hello everyone. I am new to GW2 as the title stated and I have a few questions i’d like to ask. Forgive me but I have looked around the forums and yes, there are questions that were answered but I wish to ask more specific ones regarding my class and the game itself.

1. When the game asks me if I would like to move to a more populated map but the same kind, does this mean im moving into a different server? I was about to head to the karka queen when this popped up then I clicked yes, suddenly the event already ended when it just began seconds before.

2. I have already reached lvl 80 and I am overwhelmed by the amount of hero points required to unlock the complete scrapper tree. I have managed to get the 1st one which is hammer proficiency. My question is, at the moment, should i stick to my dual pistol/rifle or use the hammer already?

3. Should I be using Elixir H as my main healing skill (mainly for myself) or should I equip healing turret instead? Most guides say that the turret is the most effective. Although using Elixir H heals faster and adds a few buffs. I am confused by this.

4. Lastly, I have purchased HoT along with my new full account. Its my 1st time playing GW2 and I am curious to why my account has not been fully unlocked? I cannot buy from TP nor sell anything. I cannot also send gold through my mail. The support ticket said I should wait 4 days. Its already the 4th day and still I cannot avail these features. I have talked to my GL about his and he mention that upon buying a new account nowadays, I could take weeks. Which was from his personal experience since he also bought a new account to be his alt. Could anyone confirm this?

Anyway, I hope you forgive my ignorant questions and thank you for all your responses.

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

A:

Hi and welcome!

1. It’s not exactly different server, but different instance. And yes this can mean that events that are done in one instance can be not finished in another instance. Generally you have 1 hour from the message pop up until you are forced into a new instance, so you have plenty of time to finish up if you’re in the middle of something. (Unless it’s in Dragon’s Stand, but that’s another topic altogether)

2. You can start using hammer, but you won’t get the full potential of it until you unlock pretty much everything. Optimally, it’s better to stick with rifle/pistol, but you can try to use hammer and see if you like the playstyle. You need to replace 1 trait line for Scrapper to use the hammer though.

For hero points, you can start the HoT story 1 (Torn from the sky) and get to Verdant Brink. The hero points in HoT zones are worth 10 HP each, making it quite fast to unlock specializations trees.

3. Healing Turret is the best Engi heal IMO. You do need to overcharge it to get full benefit. If you just drop it, the heal is rather slow.

I usually use healing turret by dropping (6), immediately overcharging (6 again), and pick it up (F) so it finish cooldown faster. For longer battles, you can skip the pick up part, just remember to overcharge when it’s off cooldown. For emergency healing, you can overcharge and then detonate the healing turret (F1) for a Water combo blast.

4. I think it usually takes 7 to 14 days for the full feature to unlock (but i could be wrong). You can contact support if it hasn’t been opened after 7 days.

Posted by: Jackdaw.3241

Jackdaw.3241

Thank you very much, zakuruchi! This pretty much cleared it up for me