Newbie here

Newbie here

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: NovaleePhoenix.1259

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Hello all, I’m new to gw2 as of the 2nd of December. Been wanting to play it for awhile, but hedged at the price. Lucky me they had a sale! and not having to subscribe monthly makes me a happy girl. Anyways, I’m a former swtor player, and subscriber, but money issues so I had to drop the sub, and really just wasn’t into playing anymore as a f2p player.
I made a human ranger on jade quarry (I picked that one cause I liked the name best lol) name is Fiamara. I made it up on swtor (or at least I think I’m the first to come up with the name, oh well) and named my puppy it too. And I’m off track… Blurg. What I’m attempting to post about is hopefully finding someone or more than that, to help show me the ropes in the game and level with me and just have a good time. I could use gamer friends. I might be willing to switch servers, ie just start over on a new server, since I’m only level 4. I have Skype, so voice chatting while playing is a go. Oh, and I’m from Ohio, and pretty much free to play whenever. I’m flexible. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Server: jade quarry
Character: human ranger, Fiamara
Oh and you can reply on here or in game shoot me a whisper.

Newbie here

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Add me a got a low level I wanna level up too

vvuevv

Newbie here

IVIUIEI.9631

Fiamara is an interesting name, I’ve only heard the name mara from the show spartacus, I thought it sounds cool. Fiamara sounds even cooler.

vvuevv

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Sure, what’s your characters name? And thanks for liking my characters name

Newbie here

IVIUIEI.9631

My in game name is vvuevv

vvuevv

Newbie here

Posted by: Kylah.7391

Kylah.7391

I’m on Sea of Sorrows but I don’t mind guesting on your server to help you out. ^.^

Kylah Bliss a Thief in the Shadows
[ASOS] Asuran Society of Socialites
Skype -Kylalalah-

Newbie here

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Just as a quick note here, you can use the GW2 IDs listed at each post to add people as friends that way.

For example, my character named is Jacked Jackal, but if you went to your friends list and added Nikked.7365 (my account ID that appears on the left of this post), it would work just the same.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Newbie here

Posted by: Kalgert.5681

Kalgert.5681

Ah hello there miss. Fiamara, I myself am also a new player and…Coincidentally also from SWTOR, and I would also like to join you on these adventures that you wish to find people to do with…Or something along those lines.

Though I am gonna try my best in finding a server that suits my kind of preferences I.E a Role Playing server (Been on the Progenitor RP server in SWTOR so far) and well… My creative mind needs new waters to test

Anyway, hope to hear from you, but is Ohio in the U.S? If so then we will have some problems keeping in touch since I am in Europe, also I am away on weekdays so I will be available on weekends only, just so you know

Anyway, once my client is done updating, I will look around which servers have an active Role Playing community…I may also open up a thread asking this since I can’t find any open threads about it..Plus I have no idea which sub-forum to post my thread on

Newbie here

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Anyway, once my client is done updating, I will look around which servers have an active Role Playing community

The unofficial RP server for NA servers is Tarnished Coast. I don’t know where the RP action is for EU servers though, which are probably the ones you’re looking at. : /

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Newbie here

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Hey there!

I’d like to extend a warm welcome to you to GW2 and extend an offer to join us on the pitiable Devona’s Rest server.

The guild I belong to is packed with people from Ohio (I am also here in Ohio) and we’re a friendly lot. None of us are “hardcore” and are always willing to help out/play together.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Just as a quick note here, you can use the GW2 IDs listed at each post to add people as friends that way.

For example, my character named is Jacked Jackal, but if you went to your friends list and added Nikked.7365 (my account ID that appears on the left of this post), it would work just the same.

Thanks for the tip!

(edited by NovaleePhoenix.1259)

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Ah hello there miss. Fiamara, I myself am also a new player and…Coincidentally also from SWTOR, and I would also like to join you on these adventures that you wish to find people to do with…Or something along those lines.

Though I am gonna try my best in finding a server that suits my kind of preferences I.E a Role Playing server (Been on the Progenitor RP server in SWTOR so far) and well… My creative mind needs new waters to test

Anyway, hope to hear from you, but is Ohio in the U.S? If so then we will have some problems keeping in touch since I am in Europe, also I am away on weekdays so I will be available on weekends only, just so you know

Anyway, once my client is done updating, I will look around which servers have an active Role Playing community…I may also open up a thread asking this since I can’t find any open threads about it..Plus I have no idea which sub-forum to post my thread on

Would love to game with you. Yes, Ohio is in the u.s., but I’m sure we can find times to play together. We will have to guest if you don’t choose my server though, because someone mentioned on here that you can’t make characters on multiple servers.

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

I’m on Sea of Sorrows but I don’t mind guesting on your server to help you out. ^.^

Sure, if it’s not too much trouble

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Hey there!

I’d like to extend a warm welcome to you to GW2 and extend an offer to join us on the pitiable Devona’s Rest server.

The guild I belong to is packed with people from Ohio (I am also here in Ohio) and we’re a friendly lot. None of us are “hardcore” and are always willing to help out/play together.

Thanks for the offer, I might make a character there just to meet you guys. Looks like I might be making characters on a couple servers XD. There’s no reward for making multiple characters on the same server is there? Like on swtor they had legacy perks for that (xp that you earn no matter what character you r playing, that unlocks certain perks). Can you send mail cross server or no?

Ok just found out no characters on multiple servers, but maybe I can guest to meet my fellow Ohioans

Newbie here

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hey there!

Thanks for the offer, I might make a character there just to meet you guys. Looks like I might be making characters on a couple servers XD. There’s no reward for making multiple characters on the same server is there? Like on swtor they had legacy perks for that (xp that you earn no matter what character you r playing, that unlocks certain perks). Can you send mail cross server or no?

You cannot have characters on multiple servers, but you can play PvE content on other servers via guesting. You can also transfer servers for free by deleting all characters. You can send mail cross-server and chat cross-server, as well as run dungeons cross-server.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the responses! Gw2 people are a friendly lot from what I can tell. I can say that I posted in the swtor forums something similar when I first started it, and didn’t get much of a welcome compared to this. Ok I’ll stop my posting now lol

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Hey there!

You cannot have characters on multiple servers, but you plan play PvE content on other servers via guesting. You can also transfer servers for free by deleting all characters. You can send mail cross-server and chat cross-server, as well as run dungeons cross-server.

Oh, well darn. I guess I will have to choose only one then… How do you guest?

Newbie here

IVIUIEI.9631

Hey there!

You cannot have characters on multiple servers, but you can play PvE content on other servers via guesting. You can also transfer servers for free by deleting all characters. You can send mail cross-server and chat cross-server, as well as run dungeons cross-server.

I don’t think we can play with ppl from EU

vvuevv

Newbie here

Posted by: SladeSiloch.5729

SladeSiloch.5729

Hey, I just started playing today and lookin for ppl to play with, feel free to add me :p

Newbie here

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hey there!

You cannot have characters on multiple servers, but you plan play PvE content on other servers via guesting. You can also transfer servers for free by deleting all characters. You can send mail cross-server and chat cross-server, as well as run dungeons cross-server.

Oh, well darn. I guess I will have to choose only one then… How do you guest?

Go to character select, then open the server list in the bottom-left corner. Select the server you want to guest to, then hit guest.

As a guest, you are able to play all PvE content with no limit, though if you relog to character select, you will need to reguest. You can guest to two servers a day. Also, IVIUIEI is right- you can only guest to servers in the same region as yours. Since you are on a NA server, you will only be able to guest to NA servers.

You are unable to play WvW for any server other than your own, and if the guild you join is based on another server, you will be unable to use their upgrades.

By the way, I’m based on Tarnished Coast. You’re absolutely free to add me and PM me anytime here or in-game if you need help or want company. Welcome.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Newbie here

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Unfortunately, NA people can’t guest over EU servers. Anyway, welcome to the game Add me in game if you like. Name is Shelley Ultima

Newbie here

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

Have a lvl 9ish ranger along with my 80 guard, so pretty flexible. You can add Kingteranas, im on daily.

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

Newbie here

Posted by: AtreyHazelHispanic.8375

AtreyHazelHispanic.8375

I’m brand new to this game as well… just looking for a mentor that I can ask how to do things in game… thanks for support…

Newbie here

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

To anyone who is new, I main a Guardian but play fairly extensively with my Ele and Warrior as well. I do a lot of dungeon speed clears and fractal runs with my Guardian and WvW mostly on my Warrior.

In the interest of steering new players right (and because I miss the gaming community of old where folks were helpful) I and my guild mates are usually available to help out. Shoot me a message in game (or here…but in game is better) and let me know a bit about you and what you’re trying to accomplish.

IGN: Elijah Craige

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Newbie here

Posted by: Weasley.5614

Weasley.5614

Any new players can PM me ingame if they want to learn the basics of the game. Plus I can show them some jumping puzzles if they want. I LOVE JUMPING PUZZLES!
PM me if you are interested!

(Javok Spurr) Leader of The Warriors Creed
‘They Want You, They Want You, They Want You As A New Recruit’

Newbie here

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Same here, PM me here or in-game if you have any question (EU Timezone).

P.s. no class specific, in-depth help unless you are playing a Guardian. I kinda know how other class works but I certainly don’t know what’s the best PvE (or PvP) mesmer build trait by trait.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Newbie here

Posted by: ValKere.1645

ValKere.1645

If anyone is interested in getting in with a newer guild, perfect for new players that don’t want to ‘get lost’ in 200+ players, my guild would be more than happy to help out. We are on the Darkhaven server and have a guild bounty training this saturday. PM if interested, also I have a guild recruitment post on these forums.

Newbie here

Posted by: raseloc.6932

raseloc.6932

if any new players need some help feel free to add me.

Guild – Savants[ijit]
Gate of Madness

Newbie here

NovaleePhoenix.1259

Thanks all, feel free to add me in game and message/whisper me if you want to play together!