Next 9/9 patch

Next 9/9 patch

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Hey!

It’s obvious every class (or at lest most of them) need some improvements, buffs, nerfs, changes to certain skills/weapons.

As an example I can pick necro, which needs some buffs to be competitive in pve or mesmer, who is dealing with many bugs atm.

We had 9/9 patch, which was good in my opinion. There are things, which people don’t like about it, but what matters is that devs came with same changes.

I want to ask you, when there’s going to be next patch like the one mentioned above. Is it like devs bring changes to classes when they’re needed? When we can expect some more changes? Do we have to wait next 2 years for the next patch? Or noone knows anything about it and we have to wait with hopes that maybe in the future there’ll be next balance patch? Is it possible, in theory, that nothing will ever get changed?

Next 9/9 patch

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Feature Packs seems to be planned for a couple of times per year. Those usually have rather large balance changes and such, so I wouldn’t think we get another one until early next year.

More or less every patch does however do slight tweaks and changes to professions even if that is not the major point of said patch. And those patches will most likely start up with every second week again in November.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Next 9/9 patch

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates

You can look back through past patch notes to get an idea of how often balance updates and other changes happen.

The last Feature Pack was far from the first such update and it definitely won’t be the last, but it’s very hard to predict exactly when they’ll make changes.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Next 9/9 patch

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I certainly agree there are various bugs with certain classes (skills mostly) that need addressing, but I tend to think Anet themselves feel the general class balance is fairly good at the moment. Sure, there are specific roles / stat combos that work better than others for specific classes, and some of those bleed into specific game modes being more difficult (or easier), but overall there are not glaring deficiencies (but I’m sure each class want’s THEIR class buffed and/or other’s nerfed….that’s the nature of any RPG ever made).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Next 9/9 patch

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

There will always be some small updates to classes, but no RPG will ever be 100% balanced in every game-mode, it’s simply near impossible because PvP, WvW and PvE requiring different things to be the ‘top’ class. For example if you boost a Necromancers party-support potentional, you risk making them more survivable in PvP aswell, where-as currently in PvP they’re in a relatively good position.

In the April Patch we got new traits and the Critical Damage change. It didn’t change the meta, but it was quite a big overhaul nonetheless. In the September Patch their most notable change was a nerf to FGS, which made a huge impact because stacking Elementalist in every open spot of the group is no longer a thing, allowing more room for other classes. So I would expect another change ~February next year, I think their focus for now will be; Halloween and Wintersday.

Next 9/9 patch

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s also the meta-game/creative players to consider.

Even when the devs and most of the players think things are well balanced all you need is one person coming up with a new way to use a skill (or combination of skills) and, at least until someone learns to counter it, their profession has an ‘unfair’ advantage.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”