No-one to do events with :(

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Hi,

Back to the game after WoW implemented Cross Realm Zones, that killed the game for me.

Anyway, enough of that.

Was excited to get back on my pee-wee little Asura Elementalist. I leveled up to 13 just moving around the first zone, doing Hearts and trying to complete as much of it as possible, and doing my personal story.

However, whenever I saw an Event pop up, I’d go and try and do it, and fail miserably because no-one else was around. I would die repeatedly and have repair costs that would negate any income I made.

I feel I’m treading water at about 9s and may never get that 10s I need for my book.

I know you may say just ignore events and do the rest of the zone, but where the heck is everyone?

And, I’ve no idea what server I’m on, or how to tell.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

To tell what server you’re on, you can hit the B button. This will bring up the WvW menu. Your home server will be the one with the house next to it.

As for people to do events with…. Unfortunatly a lot of people have moved out of the starting areas and spend most of their time in the high level zones (or doing WvW, or crafting, or…. well, you get the idea.) There are still a handful of people running around in those areas (likely finishing up their world completion, or other new players) But they’ll be few and far between.

I’d recommend asking in map chat if anyone wants to group up to do anything. Or announcing that there is an event going on at a certain location. Events are good income, Even for higher level players (The Karma is where it’s at.) So that will most certainly draw more people to help out.

It’s also worth noting that some events you just won’t be able to do by yourself (or even with a small group) and you should avoid. Generally, anything that has a champion mob in it is best left alone. There are probably some kind of special rewards or DE chain that go along with that champion, but trying to down a champion by yourself is just asking to foot a large repair bill.

Also, to make money? Sell some of your crafting supplies at the trading post. Wood/Copper still fetch a pretty decent price on the Trading post, and regardless of what professions you have there’s bound to be one or two kinds of crafting supplies that you don’t need right now.

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

Yo.

Well the reason for the empty zone, is because that’s a starter zone you’re in.
As people level, they naturally want to go for tougher things and that’s in higher
level zones. You will get to see more people though, so hang in there. I know it’s
not fun to do it all yourself, but luckily due to downscaling, it’s always possible for
others to come help you. I recommend joining a guild, once you find some people.

If you press B while in-game you’ll pull up the WvW (World Vs World) tab. From here you can join in on the huge battles waged between servers. I wouldn’t recommend doing so while you’re so low level (even though you’ll get upscaled. But you won’t get new skills unlocked). Wait until at least around 30, that’s what I’d say. Anyhow…At the top of the tab, you’ll see there’s some names, with differently coloured backgrounds. These are the server names. The worlds who are fighting each other. If you hover your mouse over each of them, the server you’re on, will display a little pop-up stating that it’s your homeworld.

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

Oh and to support what codingCaptor said.
Press enter and then type /m for “map chat”.

/s for Say, which is only visible to people around you.
/p for Party, when you join one. So only party members can hear you.
/g for Guild, when you eventually get into one.
/r for Reply, if someone whispers to you in pink text.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

if you want to find out what world you are in click on world selection in the character select screen, it will say Home World: (insert world name here).

if you’re on Isle of Janthir I’d run around the asura low level events with you (have a lvl 10 asura). if not, like others have said try in map chat, or try putting your name down at the union and join the group. I’m sure there’s someone who will be on the same server who’d run around with you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/OPERATION-UNION-Bringing-Players-Together

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Lankybrit.4598

Thanks all. I’ll find out what server I’m on tonight.

And, I thought I had out leveled the area at 13, but have just been reading up and found out it’s a 1-15 area. So, still lots to do even if I don’t do events. And my personal story is only at level 11 right now.

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Nicolatte.5360

Nicolatte.5360

I would check your equips as well. If you’re still wearing almost entirely your starter gear, you may need to get some upgrades. I was able to solo a lot of the events, although I will admit my level 8 Asura Necro struggled with some of the events just because Inquest seem to be unreasonably powerful for a lower level. I find the early events in the other starter zones a lot more feasible to solo. But yes, in general soloing events is VERY hard and requires a bit of strategy (trying to pull only 1-2 enemies, keeping any NPCs alive).

I personally still find people in the starter zones, so I don’t really accept this idea that everyone is “moving on.” People have alts, new people are joining the game as well. There isn’t this huge rush of people like the first couple days, but there is still a steady stream. In some cases it does depend on the time of day and your server.

A suggestion I have is find a guild assuming you haven’t already. Find a guild, try and make some friends in it (big guilds would probably make this hard, but get one TOO small and you’d log on a lot and be the only one there). It’s important to have buddies in any MMO, and although this game has made some of its’ content good for soloers, later on this is not as much. Good luck!

Nicolatte – Ranger, Nicolyte – Elementalist
Henge of Denravi since day 1

Posted by: lotharic.9513

lotharic.9513

You have to switch to a good server. My first character was a breeze — events were happening and lots of people helped out. But now, the only people in the lowbie zones were bots. Seriously, I’d see 1-2 real players and 10+ bots all the time. Then I switched from Borlis Pass to Tarnished Coast, and things are good again.

Find a good server (I like TC so far), and transfer to it. If it’s “full” check back every few hours until it’s merely “high.”

Lankybrit.4598

Well, I checked my server, but can’t remember exactly. Something Ridge. Whitespine Ridge or something.

Anyway, I’m just ignoring the harder events and doing the easier ones. Collect Golem parts – Sure. Help repair the towers – now way, not with all those mobs constantly spawning.

My biggest mistake was constantly trying to get to a Skill point with tons of level 15 mobs in the way. Dying over and over and getting broken gear and 1s 14c repair cost.

Anyway, level 15 now, and I’ll save that skill point for later.

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Llyr.8763

Llyr.8763

1) Type in chat the location of the event, DO NOT HIT ENTER
2) Move your mouse to the bottom right of the screen and click the button to open your map
3) Hold the shift key and click on the nearest waypoint
4) Type a second line giving directions from that waypoint

Lankybrit.4598

BTW, sorry to bump this, but I thought you might be interested.

I realized what the issue was. When I started playing this game and creating characters, I chose a server from the drop down list. Little did I know that it defaulted to Europe, even though I’m in California. LOL No wonder no one was around to do events

So, I transferred to Davona’s Reach and am very happy, as there seem to be a lot of people to do events with.

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

@lotharic.9513
> You have to switch to a good server. My first character was a breeze — events were
> happening and lots of people helped out. But now, the only people in the lowbie zones
> were bots. Seriously, I’d see 1-2 real players and 10+ bots all the time. Then I
> switched from Borlis Pass to Tarnished Coast, and things are good again.

(quote button missing again)

What race were you playing? I’ve been on TC since headstart, and I’m seeing a lot of the same problems as OP. When I was bringing up my main, Queensdale was hopping. Always something going on and a zerg of players doing it. Now, it’s like a ghost town. Apparently, people are there, judging by the bickering constantly going on in /map, but while my ranger zipped through there back then, to the point where I was overleveled most of the hearts, leveling alts is an almost painful slog now.

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

Glad to hear you got it resolved Lankybrit Always makes things easier.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”