Non-Jewelry Celestial Items

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kuang Eleven.9781

Kuang Eleven.9781

Q:

I’ve been reviewing Ascended items in preparation for my first 30 laurels, and I’ve been very impressed with Celestial stats. It has a massively higher total pool of stats and I do not have to worry about getting another set of items when I change builds.

Are celestial stats available on anything other than ascended jewelry?

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

A:

currently there are no celestial armours or weapons.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There is also the Rune of Divinity. You’ll need around 48g for a full set of superiors.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the only problem with rune of divinity is that the extra stats is completely offset by the absence of a 4th and 6th rune bonus skill. sure it has more overall stats, but you’re missing things like swiftness on heal.
it’s not nearly the same tradeoff with trinkets, where it’s just more of a few stats vs. some of every stat. in my mind, that makes celestial trinkets a no-brainer unless you have something very specific in mind for your build.

Kuang Eleven.9781

It’s not so much the upgrade slot I’m worries about, that’s a whole different set of options, but I’m looking for armor and weapons with celestial as the base attributes.

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Are you an ele by chance, cause they are really the only class that the Celestial gear is good for.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Are you an ele by chance, cause they are really the only class that the Celestial gear is good for.

For engi it’s pretty decent too. I can use all stats. I feel like +100 divided over everything is worth far more than +60 on a few. Furthermore it give real build flexibility.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You need to remember, that not all stats have equal usefulness. How much each is important depends on the specific build and your preferred gameplay.
For example, unless you specifically build for conditions, few points in Power might mean more for you than few times as much in Condi Damage. Survival builds will be more interested in Toughness, Vitality and Healing Power than Power or +Crit Damage. MF in any build other than MF-specced is completely useless.
And so on.
Balanced celestial builds might have more overall points, but some of those points are always wasted, and those builds will always be mediocre at everything and inferior to specialized/hybrid ones within their areas of specialization.
There are some classes and builds that may benefit from celestial eq, but in general going monoset or hybrid dualset will have better effects.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: HunterP.6102

HunterP.6102

Another nice thing with spreading your stats is just in case some patch completely changes everything then you’re covered no matter what. So having stats in everything can help since you don’t have to re-buy everything.

Also if your doing a dungeons and you want to re-roll as a different sort of role (i.e. DPS to Support) then again they can help.

Jack of all trades master of none

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You need to remember, that not all stats have equal usefulness. How much each is important depends on the specific build and your preferred gameplay.
For example, unless you specifically build for conditions, few points in Power might mean more for you than few times as much in Condi Damage. Survival builds will be more interested in Toughness, Vitality and Healing Power than Power or +Crit Damage. MF in any build other than MF-specced is completely useless.
And so on.
Balanced celestial builds might have more overall points, but some of those points are always wasted, and those builds will always be mediocre at everything and inferior to specialized/hybrid ones within their areas of specialization.
There are some classes and builds that may benefit from celestial eq, but in general going monoset or hybrid dualset will have better effects.

Not necessarily. As an engineer, damage is spread over conditions and direct. Focussing on either is a form of gimping yourself because neither scales particularely well. Precision makes a lot of traits work. That means for damage, you’ll want, at least, power/precision/condi damage. That leaves engi without any surivability since it’s just a squishy profession.
A bit of vit/toughness is nice, while the healing skills tend to scale very well. As such, a bit of +healing is very nice. I’m of the opinion that V/T leads to increased DPS because you aren’t on the ground nearly as often. Unless you’re using exploits, avoiding all damage is impossible on dungeon bosses and fractals.

For engineer, I feel celestial does far more to increase long time damage output against dungeon bosses, than any other set could.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Kuang Eleven.9781

I am an engineer, currently focusing mostly on Power for damage, but a lot of my skills do incidental condition damage. But, from what I’m hearing, it looks like there are not Celestial stats available for weapon/armor base stats. Is that right?