Not So Secret Dive Location

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

I’m currently sitting at 37/38 dive locations. Despite beating the Not So Secret jumping puzzle and making it to the goggles, I fell off the edge of the diving goggles platform exactly as the OFFICIAL wiki describes to avoid all obstacles on the way down and I hit one of the first kittening pipes.

I’ve read some inconsistencies regarding whether this specific location is required for the Dive Master meta acheivement, or if there are 39 possible locations that give credit towards the 38 needed for the meta. I was ready to throw in the towel days ago. All help is appreciated.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There isn’t anything particularly official about the wiki other than the fact that the server is operated by ANet. The content is still all contributed by players.

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

According to Duffy you do need that jump.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/05/gw2-dive-master-achievement-guide

Squee Squashington.5189

Guess I’ll be putting that acheive on the shelf right next to 5000 warhorn kills lol… Thanks for the help all the same.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Guess I’ll be putting that acheive on the shelf right next to 5000 warhorn kills lol… Thanks for the help all the same.

Ask a mesmer friend or two to take 15 minutes out of their busy schedule and get them to make portals for you so that you can keep trying to get that one. I do recall the instructions for that one being slightly wrong. If I remember correctly from when I did it, I think it was a little more to the left than is suggested and you definitely just walk off the edge (and keep holding forward so you move forward as you fall).

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I believe that jump location is too far from the ground to make a portal – you’re more likely to hit a pipe on the way down that the ground near the bottom, but go ahead and give it a shot.
anyways: you can’t just jump that one. you need to guide your fall in mid air. it’s HARD. and failing means a LONG running back to try again. I seem to recall I never actually made that jump, but got credit anyways. something along the lines of hitting a pipe just above the hole, dying, but falling into the hole. I do know I have credit for it, however it happened

Squee Squashington.5189

just walk off the edge (and keep holding forward so you move forward as you fall).

After several hours of repeats I finally got it. Couldn’t tell you how many people I saw just plain give up, even before getting to the balloon. Thanks to you both for the feedback.