(Not So Secret) - Jump Puzzle Question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I admit I am really bad at jump puzzles hence my question.

I wanted to park a character at the (Not So Secret) – Jump Puzzle to mine blades. I found this video showing a short cut. My questions are:

1 – Is the shortcut still working?

2 – Why is an engineer not on the list? She can use the rifle to jump and elixir B for speed. Am I missing an aspect to that jump puzzle that says the short cut is for Thief Mesmer, Ele ,and Necro?

Thanks

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

For that first “shortcut”, you need a teleport/blink skill. Engis don’t have that, and so that’s why they didn’t list an engi. Engi is obviously good for the “shortcut” that uses a jump shot.

That being said, I’m doubtful that “shortcut” 1 works anymore, due to the changes to teleporting (ie. needing a “clear path” to your target location). The video is a year old and was made before those changes. The one with the rifle jump might still work, but I’ve never tried it myself.

If you’re on an NA server, I could just port you to the chest, if you like.

Angelica Dream.7103

For that first “shortcut”, you need a teleport/blink skill. Engis don’t have that, and so that’s why they didn’t list an engi. Engi is obviously good for the “shortcut” that uses a jump shot.

That being said, I’m doubtful that “shortcut” 1 works anymore, due to the changes to teleporting (ie. needing a “clear path” to your target location). The video is a year old and was made before those changes. The one with the rifle jump might still work, but I’ve never tried it myself.

If you’re on an NA server, I could just port you to the chest, if you like.

OMG YES RoseofGilead!
I play 9pm till midnight (Eastern) every night.
Thank you

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Ok. Add me in game. I’ll log on later tonight,

Angelica Dream.7103

RoseofGilead
Thank you so much!!!!!