Not So Secret Jumping Puzzle (Diving Goggles)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Once I get the goggles, what do I do? I tried jumping though the wall but keep landing on a platform.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Looks good nottsgman. I will try it tonight. Thank you.

Also never knew you could “drift”

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

In my experience, the key to making that jump – apart from doing minor course corrections while in the air – is to not do a running jump right from the edge of the platform because this has a high chance of getting you killed by hitting one of the beams further down. Either simply walk off it or jump from closer to the center of the platform.

Posted by: Luna.1839

Luna.1839

Even if you know roughly where to jump, you will often hit something and die. Hardest diving goggles in the game… I always advise people to face the V where the holographic mountain on the right (that is blocking the view) meets the horizon. Walk off facing that way (don’t jump away from the platform) and navigate your way down holding S when you see a beam heading for your face. Make sure you do not take the goggles too early, because they may run out on your way down. If they do, no achi even if you hit the water!

I have a mesmer stashed there so I can port guildies, but I’m also perfectly willing to port anyone else who needs them, if you need some help Free to anyone, so if you see me online, just send me a pm. I can port from the waypoint to the goggles every two minutes. EU servers only though

~Leader of Kingdom of Northern Dragons [Rawr]~
PvX | ~160 Members | Gilded Hollow | Level 69 | 18+
TS3: Rawr-Dragons.com (no pw) | Currently Recruiting!

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I’ve found it helps to have a party member inside the pool where you’re supposed to land; it gives you a point of reference for aiming your jump.

Posted by: TheMSR.7120

TheMSR.7120

Use the trick at the end of the video:
https://youtu.be/nKKO3AFaCxg

You’re welcome

Posted by: Lagharto.1398

Lagharto.1398

Make sure you do not take the goggles too early, because they may run out on your way down. If they do, no achi even if you hit the water!

I just discovered that. I hit the water, but no achievement. Thanks, devs, really thanks