Not So Secret - launch pads

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Is it just me or do these abominable things massively overshoot you all the time? I’ve been trying to get up there for the Dawn collection and after taking ages to get up there the jump pad just shoots me waaaay past next platform so I die, gg.

Are these things still just broken as I remember reading about this issue when I was trying to do the JP the last time? I mean, I’m sure there’s a trick as some people make it to the end but I kinda don’t feel like doing this entire frustration of a JP 50times until I figure it out…certainly seems like it wasn’t a problem when Ayin made here video years ago

(on a totally related note, if I’d realized this JP was a requirement for Dawn I’d never ever have started the collection. I like JP’s but these overlong abominations without savepoints are anything but “fun”)

EDIT: a friendly Mesmer gave me a hand in the end, still kind of annoyed I got so close but fell just short due to dicey mechanics.

(edited by marelooke.9708)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Its a combination of server side physics and latency. When the client gets too out of sync, it creates rebounding as both sides try to figure out where you are in the world space.

The best trick to doing the JP is finding a Mesmer to port you where you need to go. A fairly large amount of people keep a Mesmer parked there to farm the chest. If you ask around LA during busy hours, theres a good chance you’ll find someone willing to help out.

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Its a combination of server side physics and latency. When the client gets too out of sync, it creates rebounding as both sides try to figure out where you are in the world space.

The best trick to doing the JP is finding a Mesmer to port you where you need to go. A fairly large amount of people keep a Mesmer parked there to farm the chest. If you ask around LA during busy hours, theres a good chance you’ll find someone willing to help out.

I don’t really have high latency (ping’s around 70 usually). Still kind of sad that they decided to use something so … broken in such a punishing JP especially so close to the end and then decided to make it a requirement for a bunch of things to top it off.

But yeah, I guess it’s been like this for years so Arenanet clearly doesn’t care. I’ll be sure to be a tad more careful in avoiding this JP in the future.

(also, all you Mesmers making portals there, there’s no words to describe how awesome you are)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I spent two days trying to overcome the rubberbanding death throw to finish up my Dive Master achieve.

I wound up fully speccing one of my Mesmers for it with traits and runes to limit fall damage, a full inventory of revive orbs, and skills for bypassing large stretches of the JP.

In the end, it was a friendly Mesmer and some Teleport to Friend consumables that got the job done, thanks in no small part to the fact that getting to the dive point isn’t even the hard part, it’s the blind dive through a series of pipes that will instantly kill you if you bump them on the way down that offers the biggest hurdle of the whole thing.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

These used to work fine. ANet broke them a while ago but never bothered fixing them. There a few workarounds.

1) you can use weapon swap to shorten the distance. When you swap it will drop you whereever you swap. Elementalist can use summon weapons or other bundles. Engis …doesn’t matter becaue

2) various leap skills can be used. Engi can just do the jumps using rifle 5

3) grab a bunch of these from Malchor’s Leap https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

From the Curated Issue Tracker

• Issue: Gendarran Fields: Not So Secret Jumping Puzzle: Launch pads will sometimes launch players too far.
  • Status: Investigating = we are aware of the issue, but haven’t yet found a fix for it.

In other words, the pads are bugged (and unfortunately, have been for ages).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”