Not sure if I lost 200 gems

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DanielGames.5198

DanielGames.5198

Q:

Around a week or 2 ago ago I bought the first part of season 2 for 200 gems. Shortly after I saw a reddit post linking to a tweet that there was a bug regarding how a season chapter cost gems. I missed a few patches so perhaps I’m just mistaken to how the game works now, but I’m curious if I lost 20g worth of gems.

Here’s the tweet:
https://twitter.com/guildwars2/status/494153487337676801

(edited by DanielGames.5198)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A:

Starting with the Season 2 episodes (we are on the 3rd one of those), either you log fully into game some time during the two weeks the episode is live, or you pay 200 gems after it’s over. Once logged in, you’ve unlocked it for free forever for all your alts (once they are level 80 and qualify).

At least one person didn’t realize that logging in after reset on the last calendar day meant he was logging in to the next episode. Get in game as early in the 2 weeks as you can, but then there’s no rush to actually play the content other than some parts being easier when a few others are there doing it too.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

If you bought it DURING Season 2 Episode 1, then yes, you should ask for a refund.

DanielGames.5198

I believe Episode 2 was available when I bought 1. So you pay 200 gems to play old content basically?

DanielGames.5198

Ah neat. Thanks for the info!