Odd Damage in WvW

Odd Damage in WvW

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

K, this is getting ridiculous. For some reason my Elementalist took about 900+dmg/tick from some mysterious source in WvW.

I had no DoTs on me, I was not standing in anything. Nor did I have any other debuffs.

I cast Meteor Storm, Lava Font, and Flame Burst on a group assault a garrison with a ram, stepped back and promptly died from this unknown damage.

I’m aware that Retaliation reflects damage…but 900+ PER tick is kitten and can’t be that.

Where is this coming from? I can’t think of any other class-ability that would do this.

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate

Odd Damage in WvW

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Could be mesmer feedback bubble reflecting it back on you?

And reflection doesn’t reflect damage – your damage hits someone, but the same damage is applied to you as well.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Odd Damage in WvW

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

Could be mesmer feedback bubble reflecting it back on you?

And reflection doesn’t reflect damage – your damage hits someone, but the same damage is applied to you as well.

So AoE-pulses count (guessing that’s what Meteor Shower would be considered)?

Question then: Do all DoTs trigger damage reflection (nearest way to describe it)?

-If people are wondering why I’m asking it’s because I can’t recall any games that would reflect DoT damage back on the attacker for 100% of the damage done (Power Word: Shield is something like 45%). So you can imagine why it’s a bit irritating to get killed by your own attack because you can’t stop it….double that with the fact there doesn’t seem to be any data on the duration the shower lasts. But it does seem to last long enough to kill me with 12k health (lvl 4 in WvW…oooh yaaaa!) plus using a Heal (GoEH).

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate