Offer me alt-class

Offer me alt-class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sargon.2903

Sargon.2903

Hello,

I wanted advice and opinions about what class should I take as my alt(since I never played anything excpet my main).
So I alwasy liked the scouting and stealth so my main is thief class, but I want to get an alt and play other story lines, etc.
I don’t like being a full-support role, I like to cause damage(direct damage prefered, but something new – why not?). Class shoud be fun, thief was fun(of shadow refuge and stealth)
What would you suggest for me?

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

any. all the classes can be built for the same things. they are all fun as well. there is not a right or wrong. that’s the beauty of the build system in the first place.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Warrior since you already have a Thief and don’t want to play support.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Offer me alt-class

Sargon.2903

I’ll try warrior, thanks

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

There’s no real “support” roles in this game, most character can do a bit of everything. It’s group/long range attacks or powerful close ups, with the bit of healing on the side.

Why don’t you just pick a class and play it for awhile, if you like it good, if not, re roll and try a different class.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hmmm…. more of a dps person, not so much into support….

Mesmer offers some interesting mechanics with illusions, as well as providing some decent damage, you can even melee it up going sword main-hand. Personally I like running a maintained phantasm build, but shatterign can be fun, and offers good damage as well (I think, I know some things we’re changed prior to my picking up the class).

Dagger/dagger necro might be interesting as well. Staight dmg (rather than condition), melee as well, with supporting damage from minions (of that’s your thing) or other utilities as well as the death shroud mechanic. Kind of fun to dance in and out of the forms.

The straight up obvious suggestion would be warrior, but I’m not hugely fond of the class. To me it’s too simplistic, but that’s probably my fault… considering I started with ele, then mes; two classes that require some effort to play well (or so I’m told).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Offer me alt-class

Sargon.2903

I leveled warrior a bit, and got bored… Trying mesmer now ;o just don’t know what to choose mesmer or ele. But since i like roaming wvw, so mesmer should be better

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Feel free to read my leveling guide for mesmers in my signature if you feel lost.

Mesmer is the best profession by a mile in GW2.

Offer me alt-class

Sargon.2903

Great Guide Kaiyan, Thanks!

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Hmmm…. more of a dps person, not so much into support….

Dagger/dagger necro might be interesting as well. Staight dmg (rather than condition), melee as well, with supporting damage from minions (of that’s your thing) or other utilities as well as the death shroud mechanic. Kind of fun to dance in and out of the forms.

This. I have an Asuran D/D necro and she throws a TON of dps and condi damage as well. Much more fun than either warrior I have leveled as well.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Fun fact: My second most liked character is my lvl 80 D/D necro! ^^ But I still prefer to play on my mesmer.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Mesmer sounds like a good fit, but I find a lot of people get discouraged while leveling one. Do your best to try to stick with it and it’s very rewarding and fun.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Mesmer sounds like a good fit, but I find a lot of people get discouraged while leveling one. Do your best to try to stick with it and it’s very rewarding and fun.

I’ve heard a lot of people complain that they couldn’t really get into mes until the later levels as well. Oddly, I really didn’t have that much issue.

True, it is very annoying that the AI is rarely fooled by clones. Specially when downed and trying to get my worthless butt back up. However, I’ve learned to work around that minor issue.

Still, even the lower level leveling was enjoyable for me. Maybe I’m just a glutton for punishment? ( I do hang out on here after all XD )

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Engineer is the apex of versatility and enjoyable leveling. They get full time speed at 10 trait points and the combat can be ranged, melee, AoE or any combination thereof. It is a challenging class but one that offers a lot of bang for the buck in terms of play styles.

I have leveled all the classes to 80 and thief, warrior and engi are probably my favorites although I agree the warrior is a little too straight forward and somewhat boring.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Offer me alt-class

Sargon.2903

I Thought about engi, they are very nice, but It seems not my style to kill with granade kit and i don’t really enjoy rifles. Thats why mesmer should be great Anyway, thanks all for offers.

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I Thought about engi, they are very nice, but It seems not my style to kill with granade kit and i don’t really enjoy rifles. Thats why mesmer should be great Anyway, thanks all for offers.

Try a bomb build with rocket boots. It is stupid fun with all the dodging and getting content to chase you around. The mesmer was OK but without a speed buff it was some seriously painful leveling… probably the least fun of all the classes at least to me. The shatter build works but isn’t nearly as easy or fun as the engi IMO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Offer me alt-class

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Warrior or Mesmer.

You like the face-to-face fighting so Warrior.
You like the tricksy evasion so Mesmer.

Try em both.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)