Offering map completion and JP hired help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SirAmikVarse.2793

SirAmikVarse.2793

If this topic breaks any in-game rules or should be moved to another place in the forum please let me know so I can move or delete it, thanks

So hello everyone, I am offering ‘expert’ help with map completion and porting jumping puzzles on request – I try to make my prices as small as I can while still being worth my time not farming. I have done map completion over 50 times and know Tyria like the back of my hand, I would like to help anyone who hates it or would like to take the easy way round.

I know the fastest routes, the best way to complete hearts and can portal any vista. I can back you up with one of any 50 builds of varied firepower to make tougher combat easy, I also have plenty of thieves to stealth you through bits to save you time in Orr (like with a contested Balthazar plaza or Melandru commune).

I also know all the jumping puzzles very well back from offering that service with the lfg, most of them I can have ready within 5 mins of the request.

I have no idea how popular this service may be so here’s a little info on my availability, I play for most of the day or have an alt logged in a lot of the time who I check messages on frequently – naturally I go to sleep but I don’t really have set hours I usually progress an hour or two onto the 24 hour clock so if I’m never online for your time frame check on me in a week or so and I’ll be online then ;-)

Anyway here’s the most important part the prices;

Whole map (any) includes any jumping puzzles within the map – 15g

Whole Town map (if lions arch and want the 3 jps it’s 4g) 2g

Small jumping puzzles – 1g

Large jumping puzzles – 3g

If you’re unsure what counts as what just tell me what you want in game and I’ll be sure to let you know what it falls under – I think my prices are very low compared to others I have seen but I am doing this more as a means of helping people than making money.

As I say I have 50 alts so it’s difficult for me to say which one of my alts you can pm but adding my account in game is probably the best way – if for any reason it won’t find my account here are some of my alts names;

Push And Crush – Map Completionist – Die Hard Try Hard – Ashakor – Proper Job

Thanks for reading, if this pulls a lot of hate on the forums or people tell me to take it down for whatever reason I will stop and remove.

(edited by SirAmikVarse.2793)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You need to add if you’re NA or EU.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

SirAmikVarse.2793

Oh yes of course thank you – I’m North America

Just a flesh wound.3589

And I want to thank the OP for getting me through my last few JPs in minutes, rather than the hours (and several rage quits) it would have taken me. ^^

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

While I totally respect your right to offer these services (and think it’s a good thing to do), I believe it’s against forum rules to advertise in this way here.

SirAmikVarse.2793

If I get anything official I will take it down but I see a lot of other people offering in game services for in game gold so I assumed it was ok, thanks for your post though

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I used this site which was pretty quick and more efficient than how I did my previous 6 characters. Some things are outdated due to the LS or NPE but it’s hardly noticeable and the path takes you pass what was changed anyway.

http://www.ehmry.com/topic/2221-tour-de-waypoint/

For jumping puzzles, and vistas, they’re all well documented in YouTube nowadays.

I’d try this first before spending gold. As an addendum, I did most maps in about an hour using the maps provided in the link. Some of the larger ones (e.g. Lornar’s) took longer.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There are only 2 or 3 JPs in the game that are actually difficult enough to warrant needing a portal and most players will assist you for no charge at all.

Good luck to the OP (and I tend to agree that advertising these types of services is borderline acceptable).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

SirAmikVarse.2793

Sure some mesmers will portal a few jp’s for free, and map completion can be done solo – I’m here for people who want it fast and with very little effort, I have seen people selling jp portals for 3g short and 10g long and thought my prices would be better.

Feel free to say how easy these things are for you but remember some people (most in my experience) who cant stand to do jp’s or map completion. My partner who has way more ap then me and is great at the game cant bear to do jumping puzzles and cant read maps well. She gave me the idea to do this for others :-)

For someone bad at jp’s/maps I could save them hours of frustration but its only if they want them, I just try to be patient and nice and make my prices as low as I can personally, there is wiggle room on the prices too.

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

I hate jumping puzzles with a passion. If someone wants to offer me a portal for money, what’s wrong with that? You pay for the time, which means you don’t have to wait around until someone is advertising it for free in LFG. Not that I’ve ever paid someone to do this, but were I to care enough about AP I wouldn’t hesitate!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I paid for him to take me through the last few I needed and was delighted to finally get those done after nearly 3 years of playing. I’m extremely bad at JPs (It took me over 30 minutes once just to do a particular vista) and I find them an unpleasant experience. The last one he did for me was a particularly long one that I don’t see myself ever being able to do without assistance from a Mesmer. Maybe it would be possible to find a Mesmer who just so happens to be porting people for free to the puzzles I needed but in 2&1/2 years it hasn’t happened so far so I considered that option to be unlikely.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If people want to pay someone to help them finish map completion, I don’t see an issue. Sure, a lot of us don’t need help and even more of us don’t mind asking for help in /map. Still, there are plenty of people who would prefer someone to walk them through it all.

@OP in case there’s an issue with the mods, you could modify your original post to avoid mentioning “set” prices, using language like “tips strongly encouraged” or “when we meet, I’ll review with you the effort and time involved, and suggest a reasonable donation.” (ANet has been clear that they don’t want the forums to be used as a grey market for goods or services.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

SirAmikVarse.2793

If Anet tells me to take this down because set prices are wrong that’s fine I will, but I can’t work for tips or donations because some people pay too little and some people pay too much and I always feel uneasy about that in one way or another.

Set prices ensure people know what they are getting before we start and limits any bad feelings (guilt for not paying enough / pressure to pay more / regret they paid too much) people may have.

If people don’t want the service that’s fine, maybe someone will be cheaper (not in my experience with jp’s). My prices are negotiable the set prices are more like the ‘asking price’ so to speak, so people know what to expect. Its an in game service for in game gold, I don’t ask for real money or gem store purchases and I try to make it cheap compared to what I have seen others charge (20g for scavengers chasm, ahhh).

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

How can you not trust someone with a Runescape name reference anyways? That’s like the definition of a cool guy who is legitimately helping people for a practical thank you!

And if there is any issue with the thread in the future I’m pretty sure they’ll just ask you to remove the set prices and make the language a tiny bit different like Illconceived said so I wouldn’t worry too much.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I paid for him to take me through the last few I needed and was delighted to finally get those done after nearly 3 years of playing. I’m extremely bad at JPs (It took me over 30 minutes once just to do a particular vista) and I find them an unpleasant experience. The last one he did for me was a particularly long one that I don’t see myself ever being able to do without assistance from a Mesmer. Maybe it would be possible to find a Mesmer who just so happens to be porting people for free to the puzzles I needed but in 2&1/2 years it hasn’t happened so far so I considered that option to be unlikely.

I finally made my 100% world after nearly 3 years because a friend of a guildmember
that was on TS3 a while ago helped me with Vizir Tower, the evil Vista in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, and the one in the Cave in Straits of Devastation.

I sent him 5g after that .. he sent it back, but i had no problem to pay it because
after falling 4-5 times to death in Dredgehaunt after trying for 15-20 minutes to get
to the top .. i really gave up on that one.

So realistic seen .. if it takes me an hour, i could farm 10g in that hour .. paying 5g
is less money than i loose because i can’t farm at that time.
Also the player that helps me can’t farm, and if it takes him 30 minutes thats also
what i can earn in 30 minutes. Fair deal for both in my eyes.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If there was a problem with this post, it would be deleted (and everyone posting in it would get a PM about it).

Just saying I would NEVER give anyone 10g for something like this. Maybe 5g or less….

Note that JPs are NOT required for map completion (tho some are paralleled with Vistas).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances