Oh my gosh!

Oh my gosh!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Creeper Reaper.4835

Creeper Reaper.4835

I have been leveling my Norn warrior and now I have just brought him into pvp. I haven’t messed with anything and am just using the preset armor and weapons. I am using a rifle and a great sword. Well I am just getting stomped within a few seconds every time I go into combat, and I really don’t see how to overcome this. Enemy players seems just invincible. And I cannot count on landing 100 blades (my highest damage skill) in a million years. Everyone just jumps around and goes invisible and it’s so disorienting. Is getting stomped over and over the only way I am going to learn pvp or should I continue my story?

Also, a lot of people seem to play the little guys in pvp, does playing small character give some sort of advantage?

Oh my gosh!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

better off in the sPVP section. My understanding is that warrior is easy mode PvE ok WvW and bad sPvP. I don’t do any form of PVP so cannot give specifics.

Oh my gosh!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

From what I hear and see, they’re good in sPvP, but they require perfection to be good. And that’s not amazing, it’s just… good…

Oh my gosh!

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

There are some good twitch channels that stream pvp, and they just added a spectator mode so you can see people trying it out too. I’ve found that actually seeing people play my class/profession well has been the most helpful for me in learning how to pvp.

Oh my gosh!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Warriors have the reputation of being the worst SPvP class, but even with that in mind, I think it’s not balance what’s holding you back. Have you researched any decent build, or experimented with traits and gear by yourself? Starter builds, as far as I know, are pretty bad. Also join 5 vs 5 matches, as that’s the number of players the map is designed for. 8 vs 8 are too zergy.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Oh my gosh!

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

How long have you been playing your warrior in PvE? The truth is that if you haven’t been playing your class that long, you will always get stomped by people who have been playing longer and taking the time to research and tinker with their class. Playing more is the only way to solve that particular issue, along with, as earlier posters said, researching builds and watching experienced players.

Also, if you have the time, playing other classes helps a lot- it teaches you their mechanics and attacks, and from there you get a sense of how to counter them, or at least what attack patterns players tend to fall into.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread