Onyx Lodestones

Onyx Lodestones

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

What do folks think is the best way to go about acquiring Onyx Lodestones (other than buying them)? I killed Earth Elementals in the Straits of Devastation with 40% Magic Find on for around two hours over the course of yesterday, and didn’t get even one.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Farming the first chest in TA Explore is what some people do. You might be able to find a group for this on gw2lfg.com

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

As Ilithis Mithilander said, farming Twilight Arbour is a good way for acquiring some Onyx Lodestones and Cores. Fractals is another reliable source, the chest from the Maw can give you some Lodestones and Cores. You will find out that transmuting cores into lodestones is quite common as well. I’ve never got an Onyx from the Earth Elementals, though, spent hours there with more than 100% MF and without MF, never got one.

Another place that I was lucky with, was farming centaurs in the WvW borderlands, the ones that are on the northeast corner. I also tried Earth Elementals in the Eternal Battlegrounds, but they don’t drop anything at all, so don’t even bother with them.

You may want to spend some gold in the TP as well, place some buy orders for cores, and then transmute then into lodestones if you have the spare money and skill points.

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Try using ur karma on lost orrian jewellry boxes?

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The only earth ele’s that have dropped onyx lodestones for me are the ones that spawn in Malchor’s Leap at Rayhan Bayt when the temple of Melandru in the Cursed Shore is uncontested. I had 1 drop during 2 of the last 4 times I have been there.

I think the earth ele’s at the temple, when uncontested, also drop them, but I never tried farming those. I always go to Rayhan Bayt. I never heard of the earth ele’s in SoD dropping lodestones …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: Lokaalin.6271

Lokaalin.6271

I got one from Rayhan Bayt area and one from outside temple of Melandru after doing about 1 hour per day for several days. I was only using MF food..

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Keep in mind that the game uses an anti-grinding system that makes drops from enemies plummet after killing that enemy for more than 30 minutes. As Ilithis said, you’re better off farming TA.

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

i used to farm them at the temple of melandru, when uncontested, from the earth elementals. however less of them spawn now that the area has been changed a bit recently. now, if i get the desire to farm lodestones (rarely), i just kill sparks to sell the charged lodestone to buy onyx.

Onyx Lodestones

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Keep in mind that the game uses an anti-grinding system that makes drops from enemies plummet after killing that enemy for more than 30 minutes. As Ilithis said, you’re better off farming TA.

I actually didn’t know that. I did my little farm runs over the course of a day, in spurts between joining guildies with dungeon runs and such. Does that reset the process at all?