Orr temple farm

Orr temple farm

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

Hey there, just for the record I’m not a complete and total noob

I usually do a random dungeon rotation for my daily farm that depends on my mood and the skins I feel like unlocking (I’m working towards the dungeon collections).

I might also do fractal runs (29/37/49, sometimes all of them) to try and get fractal skins.

I am writing here for two reasons : it gets repetitive and it doesn’t feel very rewarding compared to the effort.

I read that open world farm could net you more gold per hour and I’m interested in that because I’m tired of taking the time to find a party, explaining the run to the beginners that might join, being stressed by possible tensions that can arise and so on. I’ve always liked temple events and I read that’s one kind of viable open world farm. I like it a lot because I know I wouldn’t do champion trains more than 10min before dying from boredom. Also I could use all my alts for temples so I could even diversify my classes^^

My actual question is here : how do you actually get an temple event ?

Anytime I go to Orr they are all done are close to. I can’t ever find a “temple farm” group on LFG, I can’t choose my server anymore… I have no clue how you can reliably choose to farm temples. Tell me your secret ! :p

(edited by Lyndis.4653)

Orr temple farm

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Hmmmm… well i usually get Mel, Grenth and Arah early morning before i go to work. Between 6-7:15 a.m. Pacific Standard time. You can get tons of loot from the mobs. I find Melandru temple best in this regard but you have to do the whole pre-event part at the beacons. Good luck! I’m pretty sure there’s a timer out there but i don’t use it since i don’t need to.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Orr temple farm

Lyndis.4653

Yes events are on a timer to restart but for that to happen the temples need to not be defended which is a real problem^^

Orr temple farm

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Would you please provide info on this “timer” you think the Temples are on? I’m unaware of this actually being the case, but you are correct that if players actively defend the Temple for long periods of time, they will not “fall” and thus the capture Events cannot be started.

Still, most of the capture Events happen fairly regularlly (but I don’t think they are on any strict timer like the World Boss Events).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Orr temple farm

Lyndis.4653

I’ve never looked into the GW2 API so I wouldn’t know.

They are not triggered at a constant time of the day like WB as far as I know, more something like triggering the defense event x min after the capture and triggering the capture chain x min after the fall of the temple.

If I had the answers I wouldn’t be asking how to get those events^^

Orr temple farm

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

I can’t say I have much of any advice to offer other than sticking around in the maps for a bit (not knowing how long you hang around in there anyway). I don’t really do the whole temple chain thing but I spend a good amount of time in Cursed Shore for crafting materials and karma with the event chain there, which includes Grenth and Melandru whenever they’re up.

Also, try seeking out the guild Chains of Duty if you’re on NA servers. They (at least used to) do an RP event every Sunday night (I’m EST time zone and it was evening for me) that went through each temple event starting in Straits. Even if you don’t RP at all you could tag along for the events assuming they have a good group turnout.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Orr temple farm

Lyndis.4653

Generally I stay about 15min before giving up ^^’

Also I’m on EU servers and not really roleplaying, I love watching roleplayers but that’s about it.

Thanks for your input guys. I’ll try searching deeper tonight on internet to see if I can find clues on this. I’ll share whatever I find useful here.

Orr temple farm

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I’ve always wondered: Is the actual event status reading API still intact? The kind that the old timers used to use by realm.

If so, why couldn’t a tool be written up to read event status by server IP?

Granted, there’s still no way to get onto a specific IP outside of somehow finding someone on that IP, but this perhaps could be done via LFG and/or friends and guilds.

If such a tool was written, and people were made aware of it, I know I most certainly would be advertising in LFG to get on those IP’s with the event up, or helping to get others onto my own.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!