PC help

PC help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Felix Harper.9572

Felix Harper.9572

I’m not sure if this is the right sub forum for this but I figured it was as good as any to ask. I have been wanting to build a PC for a while now to better run GW2 as it is far and away my main game. I want to spend around 500-600 dollars and would ideally be running high settings around 60 fps. Does anyone know what parts I should focus on or what parts have been good in their experience? I tried Reddit and it wasn’t too helpful.

Thank you all in advanced.

80 Human Berserker 80 Human Herald
80 Human Elementalist 80 Sylvari Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

PC help

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I’m not sure if this is the right sub forum for this but I figured it was as good as any to ask. I have been wanting to build a PC for a while now to better run GW2 as it is far and away my main game. I want to spend around 500-600 dollars and would ideally be running high settings around 60 fps. Does anyone know what parts I should focus on or what parts have been good in their experience? I tried Reddit and it wasn’t too helpful.

Thank you all in advanced.

Hey man.

If you’re interested I’d be more than happy to teach you how you can identify which PC components are compatible with each other and how you can compare them when you want to go shopping for the parts. If you are up for it, give me a call on skype and I’ll walk you through! I’m just doing this for fun, so no need to pay me back.

My skype name is: DreamyAbaddon

^_^ Boy this is going to be fun fun fun! Hope to hear from ya soon!

PC help

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not sure if you can build a completely new rig at that price point to do what you are asking. You need a true quad core CPU, not a dual core with Hyper Threading, with good single core benchmarks, something like the i5-6500. Fortunately you don’t need anything close to a top of the line video card as the game is limited by CPU performance more than GPU. Something like the RX 470 or the deceivingly named 3GB GTX 1060.

Everything else is fairly straight forward, 8GB, a good quality PSU, case that suits your aesthetic. You might be able to get it under $600.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

PC help

Posted by: Felix Harper.9572

Felix Harper.9572

Thank you both for the help so with an i5 and a 1050ti ill be golden.

80 Human Berserker 80 Human Herald
80 Human Elementalist 80 Sylvari Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

PC help

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Yes you will be golden however, if you call me on skype I can teach you what you need to know about shopping for parts and with that knowledge you can learn how to save a lot of money while still getting the performance you need. So I wouldn’t buy anything just yet. Call me first.

PC help

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Yes you will be golden however, if you call me on skype I can teach you what you need to know about shopping for parts and with that knowledge you can learn how to save a lot of money while still getting the performance you need. So I wouldn’t buy anything just yet. Call me first.

Why do you try to drag every single person who asks for build help onto skype? It’s unnecessary, and putting it on the open where people can critique your suggestions is a way better idea.

An i5+1050ti will probably do fine (although modern i3s are also fine if that’s what your budget can fit). You should wait for 1050/1050ti benchmarks to come out before picking a GPU though, since we have no idea if they’re good for the dollar or not

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

PC help

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Just saw the GTX 1050 and 1050TI reviews. The GTX 1050 is only a touch slower than the GTX 960 for a MSRP of $110! That’s crazy. And the 1050TI is 20% faster than the 1050.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

PC help

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Why do you try to drag every single person who asks for build help onto skype? It’s unnecessary, and putting it on the open where people can critique your suggestions is a way better idea.

Because I don’t do simple little suggestions. When I help someone through skype, I enjoy doing it through human interaction and I actually putting a lot of time, effort, love and passion into it. You see I enjoy teaching people that way. I could type it all here but I prefer not put most of my time writing in text. Also those I have helped through skype tend to really appreciate my time. I like socializing.

PC help

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Pretty much.

Note however that the reviews indicate that a 1050 (sans Ti) – due in a few weeks time – is likely to represent better value for money.

If your budget is pushed the cheapest method is to purchase second-hand – from an upgrader – 4th-Gen i5 and motherboard combo.

Go for beefy CPU over an expensive GPU IF your intent is GW2 only.

PC help

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

TBH I just had one built by a good friend. From scratch it will cost you (just the tower) about $800-$900 to be able to run Gw2 the way you want it. It is very taxing on the CPU just be aware.

PC help

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Is it even possible to build a PC that can run max settings at 60 FPS at that price range?

PC help

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Is it even possible to build a PC that can run max settings at 60 FPS at that price range?

It’s not possible to build a computer that can run the game at max settings 60FPS everywhere at any budget

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood