PFS =7

PFS =7

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelweave.1856

Angelweave.1856

I’m running a AMD FX8150 Eight-Core Processor, 8.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7900 series and have cable internet.

I used to run the game really well, everything on max and still had good FPS now it’s useless and I can’t event play the game, any idea’s why?

I thought I might have a virus so I formatted my computer and re-installed everything from scratch. I’ve just upgraded all my drivers to the latest versions????

Computer runs find on everything else but GW2?

PFS =7

Posted by: klep.4165

klep.4165

I had a similar issue with a Radeon HD laptop series. I had two gcards, so would have to disable one, then enable, and then disable the other. Sometimes that would work. Also, try rolling back the driver, as often times the ‘current’ driver would give me problems. Are you running Windows8 by chance? If so, go to AMD drivers page and run the auto detect program…it will give you the correct driver, which is not typically the newest…not sure why, but that always worked. I had the same issue, only affected GW2.

PFS =7

Posted by: Angelweave.1856

Angelweave.1856

I did all this, even spent the last few days searching for other methods; unparked cores, change power options, deleted the local app data the game saves, blah blah blah.

So what happened? The computer flew until I turned on GW2 then even browsing went to custard, turn off GW2 and everything fires back up to warp speed…

Though ok, maybe I’m just plain stupid and can’t get this right so I’ll play the game through razor, where I average 25 FPS.

Game is playable but seriously for a setup like this I should have everything on max and have 60 FPS.

PFS =7

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Check your temperatures for CPU and GPU while the game is running, they might be throttling down to not burn out.