PVE Elitist ragers

PVE Elitist ragers

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Unrealskillz.6210

Unrealskillz.6210

So was doing a fractal, and this guy was raging so hard. I almost wanted to call someone and warn them of a possible suicide. Is this what I have to look forward to in guild wars pve groups.

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Unfortunally Gaming addiction happens and is a serious condition. specially in MMORPG’s like GW2 (though this happens in other games as well, or even more).
The symptoms are an over attachement to the virtual world and taking it too serious. A game like this should be an escape from everyday trouble. For many it is, but some loose themselfes in it completely and have lost that goal with it. If you meet someone who is showing these symptoms and you don’t know him, then isolate and ignore them (just like you would ignore a crackjunk on the street). If you know the person personally then try to talk. Be supportive and urge the person to get professional help. both in Europe and the US there are special rehab-cliniques specialized in this.

Don’t feel angry bout them, but pity them

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Armchair psychology from our resident helper aside, you also have to look at other factors:

• This game is rated PEGI 12, and therefore kids and immature persons also play it.
  • People are competitive in games and this often translates to elitist attitudes.
  • People are playing games in their leisure time and don’t want to waste it. If someone in a fractal or dungeon run is being perceived as wasting time, there will be raging.

Next time, depending on how upsetting a “rager’s” behaviour is, take the appropriate in game action (blocking, reporting or more), shrug, be thankful it’s not you and move on.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Considering I’ve seen candid videos of people who are playing other games, and get mad and throw their keyboard across the room or hit their computer hard enough to knock it down, I would say this is behavior not unique to this game. Some people just have a short fuse and poor self control. You will find these people wherever you go, not just in a video game. Nothing you can do about it except put them on block and if bad enough, leave the party.

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

This is why I don’t PvE. My experience of dungeons and the people who inhabit them is exactly that.

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Devil’s advocate here, how was he raging and what was he raging about? We’re assuming your the innocent victim here.

I don’t rage but I’m not impressed when someone wants to join a p4 Arah’s run and asks you questions like ‘what is Lupi?’.

I’m all for supporting people in a new dungeon, I’d just like to know where their responsibility is in coming to a dungeon prepared.

Did you know what FotM was before you joined? Perhaps you join a level 40 FotM with no Agony resistance when someone then became unhappy?

We only have one side to this story.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

^^ That’s what I mean.

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

You will get elitism, raging, and taking-stuff-way-too-seriously in any game, in any mode of play, be it PvE, PvP, or even RP. I’d highly recommend finding a good static group or guild that does dungeons, one with people who are relaxed about stuff and just like to laugh mistakes off. I run regularly with a semi-static guild group and have a blast each run, moreso than I’ve ever had with any PUG.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

PVE Elitist ragers

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This is too vague and serves no purpose.

RIP in peace Robert