Pact Victory Token

Pact Victory Token

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

I know we can purchase a weapon with the token, and then salvage it for Glob of Ectoplasm.. but somehow that seems like a waste of a Token you spent your whole character career building up to.

Is there any reason not to spend the token? Anyone know if there will be new options/traits for weapons in the future?

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

.. but somehow that seems like a waste of a Token you spent your whole character career building up to.

I didn’t spent my whole character career building up to dungeons and tokens, and I do feel there are a lot more to dungeons and tokens for a level 80. So with that perspective, and the fact that you can speed farm COF1, I don’t find it a waste to spend tokens on rares and salvage for globs.

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

.. but somehow that seems like a waste of a Token you spent your whole character career building up to.

I didn’t spent my whole character career building up to dungeons and tokens, and I do feel there are a lot more to dungeons and tokens for a level 80. So with that perspective, and the fact that you can speed farm COF1, I don’t find it a waste to spend tokens on rares and salvage for globs.

Wrong tokens, talking about the singular pact token you get at completion of the personal storyline.

I have not heard of any plans for more stuff released to spend it on, nor any way to get more

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

Wrong tokens, talking about the singular pact token you get at completion of the personal storyline.

I have not heard of any plans for more stuff released to spend it on, nor any way to get more

Oops, my bad for not looking at the thread title properly. Well, pact weapons seemed to sell OK in TP, you probably make more gold selling it than salvaging it for globs.

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The only value of the tokens is for the skins. I am dubious that there would be new skins for existing content; every new skin has been part of new content. Then again, what do I know?

Pact Victory Token

Markadis.9012

I see… thanks. It’d be nice if there was a bit options, but I guess the skins aren’t half bad. Not worth a token though.

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: Dethmonger.3274

Dethmonger.3274

Check the TP for pact, and choose the skin worth the most gold, then sell it. Should net you a few gold towards a useful exotic.

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I had 2 pact tokens, used one to get the scepter for the skin. Not decided what to do with the other token, but yes, seems a shame to use only for salvaging.

Also, for the end of the personal story reward, a Pact rare is pretty crap, considering you get exotics for high-level map completions.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m not sure why you would try salvaging it. You probably would get more ectos by just selling the weapon on the TP and then buying the ectos outright. Just make sure you buy the one(s) that sell.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Pact Victory Token

Markadis.9012

Check the TP for pact, and choose the skin worth the most gold, then sell it. Should net you a few gold towards a useful exotic.

Good idea, I’ll definitely do this here.

Server- Blackgate
Levicus Shield (War)

Pact Victory Token

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I mistakenly used mine for a shortbow for my ranger without thinking to look at which one would give the most gold, even though I planned on selling it anyways.
I found it extremely funny that the Pact gave it’s second-in-command the highest tier weapon only after the threat was neutralized. “Oh, you won the war for us with a pointy stick? here, have a Tank you can park in your driveway to show your neighbors how much you meant to us. Sorry we didn’t give you the tank to help you win the war, we didn’t think you could do it at first.”