Party Disbanding when Logging Out?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I am in a small guild (5 regular players). When we log out and back in the next day, a couple of us always seem to remain partied up, and a couple others always seem to have to be re-invited to join the party.

I can’t find anything in the settings. Character changing doesn’t seem to make a difference. I myself log out any number of ways (from the menu straight to desktop, from the character selection screen using the X in the top right, from in-game hitting ESC and then using the X, etc.) Yet I am one of the ones who always remains partied up with two of the others.

And idea why this is happening? It’s always the same people getting disbanded and the same ones remaining partied up. We would love it if everyone remained connected so we didn’t have to re-invite people.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: dez.5689

dez.5689

I would like to hear some reply on this topic as I am experiencing the same issue. My friends and I stayed partied for 3 months during log outs and character switching until about 2-3 weeks ago now we have to re-invite each other after every log out.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve always been kicked out of parties when I log out. I assumed it was part of the game until recently that I heard differently. I did a -repair on the target command a week or so back for another issue, I still get kicked from parties when logging out.

It’s obviously a bug of some sort. You can report it but who knows when or if it will ever be fixed.

@dez
You will not get a reply on the forum. The moderators don’t have anything to do with this sort of problem. The only ones who do is Support, and they are not reading the forum while they are working. Even if one did read this thread he would still say, submit a bug report so it can go through the proper channels.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

i’d like this fixed too as the host of a dungeon i was running had their net cut out and the dungeon closed when we were near the end due to the fact he go booted from the party automatically. really annoyed the 4 of us that were left in the party.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Posted by: Decay.5340

Decay.5340

I would like to hear some reply on this topic as I am experiencing the same issue. My friends and I stayed partied for 3 months during log outs and character switching until about 2-3 weeks ago now we have to re-invite each other after every log out.

Same with me. 5 of us have been playing for a few months and it was super handy not to have to re invite people every time they logged or switched characters but after a recent patch, we’re all getting disbanded upon log out.

I’d love a way to go back to how it used to be.