People less willing to rez one another?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Valneer.3854

Valneer.3854

This has been irking me for quite some time but it seems like most people no longer rez each other. I see it all the time during dynamic events where I’m basically the only person willing to rez a downed friendly while people are stepping over the downed and if I happen to go down I’m basically dead. If it’s WvW people are much more willing to run than hold the line and rez their allies. There have been occasions while leveling an alt where people purposely stand over me and spam laugh while they watch me die and I can’t help but feel like our community is just going down the hill as more immature kiddies start playing this game.

Wth is up?

BG
“I’m here to bearbow and chew bubblegum..and I’m all out of bearbow.”

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I rez someone every chance I get.

What gets me is I get to them and they leave while or before I can.

But if your naked you stay dead

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

This has been irking me for quite some time but it seems like most people no longer rez each other. I see it all the time during dynamic events where I’m basically the only person willing to rez a downed friendly while people are stepping over the downed and if I happen to go down I’m basically dead. If it’s WvW people are much more willing to run than hold the line and rez their allies. There have been occasions while leveling an alt where people purposely stand over me and spam laugh while they watch me die and I can’t help but feel like our community is just going down the hill as more immature kiddies start playing this game.

Wth is up?

Well, often it is quicker to help the downed person kill a mob so that they can rally. That way you both are more likely to survive. When I am downed and killing a mob. I’d rather the person help me kill the mob so that I rally and use my heal. That’s better than them being tied up healing me while their health goes down. That may cause both of us to die.

This may not apply to the situation that you are mentioning though. Especially if they are acting like jerks about it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

I rez someone every chance I get.

What gets me is I get to them and they leave while or before I can.

But if your naked you stay dead

yer same here

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

I don’t know what server you’re on, but I go out of my way to rez other players. I even tolerate some additional work to rez NPC’s. I’ve had the Combat healer title for over a month now, but it’s still free xp!

Only once has a player who clearly saw me lying there skipped the chance to rez me. I still think the guy was a huge jerk, but on the whole, I find people more than willing to rez under normal circumstances (i.e. there’s not a champion mob standing on my corpse).

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Yeah, my experience is mostly that people will even put themselves in to harms way, at least for a reasonable amount of time, in order to rez.

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

I can’t help but feel like our community is just going down the hill as more immature kiddies start playing this game.

That’s a somewhat unfair assumption. It’s not always “immature kiddies” who behave badly, in fact a lot of the time it’s older, generally sensible people who behave like kittens online. But I digress (I just feel bad for the young players who would res you!).

Anyway, I also will res someone in need, even if it requires going out of my way. In some event fights it’s difficult and I might judge it too risky, but most of the time I’ll give it a go. I’ve seen plenty of other people risk themselves to res as well. If someone dies out in the open, I’ll always help them up. Maybe you’ve just run into a bad streak of people lately?

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

I try my best to rez downed players and NPCs as I move about the world. During events it’s all about timing and getting that clear shot to help the downed player.

If there is a way point close by and we’re fighting a champion with lots of damage spread over the area (looking at you Ulgoth) then it’s situational but mostly I will res if they are not too close to the boss or have a chance of getting hit by the fire patches.

What I will not do however is help someone in the downed state who has yet to figure out what the 4 key is for and lets me take the bulk of the res. I will stop and go back to doing my thing and they can lay there and die. Most of the time I find it’s these players who die 10 times a fight then post on the forums about champions being too powerful.

Posted by: Jalen.8746

Jalen.8746

I rez people every time I see someone downed, or at least try to help them fight off the mobs so they can rally! I also run whenever I see a downed icon on my map, but 9 times out of 10 they port away before I can get to them. Maybe I should announcing my intentions beforehand…though man, don’t even get me started on the people who port while I’m reviving them.

I’ve had a few people who clearly saw me die/watched me struggle who just kept going on their merry way, even though there were no monsters around me after they got done destroying my body, but I tend to shrug them off. They certainly aren’t the majority, and I’ve had very many helpful people pick my poor corpse up and breathe life back into it.

I think the only times I haven’t been immediately rez’d are when waves and waves of centaurs completely crushed me in Harathi Hinterlands, and during the PVP snowball event, for obvious reasons. Still, though, some people took the time to save me! Which was pretty sweet, considering all the snowball massacres. :>

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I go out of my way to rez players and NPCs but a lot of the time in battle, it’s not good to rez them because rezzing actually spikes your aggro on monsters so they will aim for you instead of the downed guy.

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

I go out of my way to rez players and NPCs but a lot of the time in battle, it’s not good to rez them because rezzing actually spikes your aggro on monsters so they will aim for you instead of the downed guy.

I did not know this but i guess it makes sense from an AI point of view.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

You should get some Karma when you rez someone, reward players who help others!

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Part of it is just that people don’t learn to pay attention to whats going around them in fights, specially true in PvE where most just want their loot. The other part is that in most Group Events or dangerous mobs, people have gotten smart about rezzing and realized that if they try, one downed player becomes two defeated players.

As I’ve played more n’ more, during events I will pick a player that looks squishy and tell myself “You, shall not die because I say so.” and just hang on to them. I will always res when I can, defeated on the other hand, you are inconveniencing everyone else by contributing zero and died just because you are going for max dps and not bringing stun breakers, have low armor, etc…, so if there is a nearby Wp, use it, if not then maybe someone else will res you.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

ha, karma as a “reward” for rezzing is a good idea! i could even do without the XP you get normally.

that being said, a lot of times people just have no idea what’s going on. or in your case, did you mean someone on your own team was laughing over your dead body….? surely you mean an opponent. regardless, if i run across you and you are downed, i’ll do anything i can do res you. though if it means me dying to get you up, we’ll most likely both end up dead. so i try to do this on a case by case basis, but i will drop everything and try to res if i can help it. be it a DE, dungeon, or in WvW.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Cross.6437

Cross.6437

I actually try to shout across the map with /say to pick up downed and dead players. As a WvW player, I know how obnoxious the walk back is even in PvE. The save a few copper and I get experience.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

I play as an Engineer, and I spend most of my time in a fight splitting my attentions between the enemy and my skillbar, waiting for things to cool down.

I am not that good at this game.

However, I always rez someone if I think I can get away with it (two men down is worse than one!). It’s free experience and fuzzy warm feelings! I’ve always thought about using map chat to tell down folks that I’m heading over to pick them up, but by the time I think about it, start jogging over there while avoiding mobs and type up my message, they’ve used a Waypoint.

I am not that good at this game.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I’ve grown aware of ressing random people.

I’ve found that most people I found dead out in “the wild” (so to speak) are actually players who have gone AFK and gotten killed by mobs passing by. When I ress them, they will unavoidably get killed a second time and adding one more broken armour piece for them to repair.

Makes me feel like somewhat of a kitten.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

I actually enjoy the ability to rez other players. I really like the way that was implemented. Plus it gives a few XP. Who can argue with that?

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

i’m traited to res ppl. so leaving them dead would be kinda waste ;o
unfortunately you can meet me only in dungeons and wvw

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

from looking through this post, the majority is pro rez, myself included. I always rez ppl when downed somewhere, a little more cautious in active battle but I do try.
Some just up and run but that’s OK with me. I do not wait for a TX, it’s enough for me that I get the fuzzy feeling of having rezzed someone and saved some silvers..
Now, if we could to this in RL…….

Posted by: Par.8543

Par.8543

It’s like Krosslite says. I don’t know how many times I’ve run across the map to rez someone and they disappear as u get to them. I still try to rez ppl when I see them downed, but perhaps other ppl r getting tired of ppl vanishing as they get to them.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

As an engie, we have elixir R which if we throw it at a downed player, it will last for 10 seconds and heals a downed player 20% per second. It’s a great skill but half the time I use it, the guy uses some teleport skill and moves away from the aoe.

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Playing as a thief, I like to have blinding powder in my skill set. I often use it as a means to cut aggro on a downed player to cause the mobs to select a different target, allowing myself (and others) to rez the downed player without having as much flak come our way. I also like to use the shortbow to teleport to them, helps accelerate my ability to make it to downed players in time.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I hate when people rez me. I would much rather they be effective and attack mobs so I can rally with more HP then I would have had if I was rezzed instead.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

If I’m not in a battle, and there isn’t any immediate threat to me then I’ll spend all the time I need to rez until everyone is up.

However, if we’re in a battle, and you’re dead (flat lined and have no chance of rally) and are in the middle of the danger zone where I can die rezing you, then, you’ll either have to rally to a way point and run back to the battle or you wait there until we’re done with the battle.

If an ally is downed and trying to rally, I always help. Either by pulling the mob of enemies away from them so they can rally in safety, by protecting their rescuers, or I’ll rez right there while others draw the heat away.

I admit, I purposefully skip over those who have flat lined at the centre of a mob or right under the boss and expect everyone just rush in, rez them so they can die a second later with all their rescuers. These players are few and far in between. The way I spot them is usually because I’ve rezed them in those situations before, and they died a second later usually leaving the boss or whoever they were fighting on top of me… I’ll rez, but it will be at the end of the battle.

If I have gone flat lined in the middle of a fight, I don’t linger, I rally to a way point right away so no one needs to contemplate if they should rez me.

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

(edited by Mag Li.2581)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I normally won’t Rez anyone if a waypoint is nearby or if it’ll put myself at risk.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

If you’re downed I’ll get to you unless you’re in the middle of some AOE DOT, then you are waypoint fodder.
If you’re naked, you stay there.
If it’s an event that will end soon and you get killed, you stay dead.

If you’re a ranger and you’re dead and not naked, I’ll stand there over your dead body for a moment and if you ask to be resed, I’ll res you, otherwise you stay dead.