Perma Vigor?

Perma Vigor?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Radion.4578

Radion.4578

Noob elementalist question sorry

I dont understand the concept of perma vigor, i know it means to have permanent vigor but how is this even possible? And the same for perma fury? and perma swiftness?

I understand might stacking and all that, I just dont understand how to achieve these boons permanently

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

perma vigor means that in a complete cycle of skills you can stack the boon with a time equal or higher then to recharge that cycle. A simple example would be renewing stamina. Renewing stamina gives you at least 5 seconds of vigor on a 5 second cooldown hence perma vigor.

EverythingOP

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hey, no worries. Welcome to the elementalist class.

Regarding permavigor, put 10 points into the Arcana trait line and choose trait II, Renewing Stamina. This trait will give you 5 seconds of vigor every time you crit, with an internal cooldown of 5 seconds. You can stack permavigor by having a high enough crit chance to proc it consistently and/or having high boon duration, which will extend the duration of the procced vigor so it will keep stacking. I am able to achieve permavigor with +45% boon duration and 33% crit chance (not counting fury), but these are not absolute numbers.

As for permafury and permaswiftness, there are several ways you can achieve them. The first is to run a build with 30 points in Air Magic and at least 20 points in Arcana, choosing the traits Fresh Air (recharge Air Attunement on critical hits) and Elemental Attunement (gain a boon whenever you attune to a certain element). Elemental Attunement gives swiftness on attuning to air, the 5-point minor in Arcana gives fury upon attuning to any element, and Fresh Air will make it so that, with a high enough crit chance, you will be able to swap into Air Attunement constantly, stacking up fury and swiftness. You can also put ten points into Air Magic and choose Zephyr’s Boon, which grants swiftness and fury upon using aura skills, and stack them up that way. You can stack permafury (but not permaswiftness) by putting 30 points into Fire Magic and choosing Persisting Flames, which will give you and nearby allies fury whenever you use a blast finisher in a fire field.

In addition, you can gain a permanent +25% speed boost without swiftness by slotting Signet of Air, or using Superior Runes of the Traveler or Superior Runes of Speed. Both come at a price, though- you are giving up either your runeset or your utility slot.

Hope that helps!

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: Radion.4578

Radion.4578

Hey, no worries. Welcome to the elementalist class.

Regarding permavigor, put 10 points into the Arcana trait line and choose trait II, Renewing Stamina. This trait will give you 5 seconds of vigor every time you crit, with an internal cooldown of 5 seconds. You can stack permavigor by having a high enough crit chance to proc it consistently and/or having high boon duration, which will extend the duration of the procced vigor so it will keep stacking. I am able to achieve permavigor with +45% boon duration and 33% crit chance (not counting fury), but these are not absolute numbers.

As for permafury and permaswiftness, there are several ways you can achieve them. The first is to run a build with 30 points in Air Magic and at least 20 points in Arcana, choosing the traits Fresh Air (recharge Air Attunement on critical hits) and Elemental Attunement (gain a boon whenever you attune to a certain element). Elemental Attunement gives swiftness on attuning to air, the 5-point minor in Arcana gives fury upon attuning to any element, and Fresh Air will make it so that, with a high enough crit chance, you will be able to swap into Air Attunement constantly, stacking up fury and swiftness. You can also put ten points into Air Magic and choose Zephyr’s Boon, which grants swiftness and fury upon using aura skills, and stack them up that way. You can stack permafury (but not permaswiftness) by putting 30 points into Fire Magic and choosing Persisting Flames, which will give you and nearby allies fury whenever you use a blast finisher in a fire field.

In addition, you can gain a permanent +25% speed boost without swiftness by slotting Signet of Air, or using Superior Runes of the Traveler or Superior Runes of Speed. Both come at a price, though- you are giving up either your runeset or your utility slot.

Hope that helps!

WOW!!! I couldn’t have asked for a better more clear response than this. THANK YOU! You seriously helped me understand this so much better, thank you so much.

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Falunel’s answer is spot on, but keep in mind that in an upcoming balance patch (tomorrow?), they are increasing the cooldown on Renewing Stamina from 5s to 10s, meaning it will be harder to achieve perma-vigor. Boon duration and a skill like Phoenix can help palliate.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

and they are going to nerf mesmer’s vigor trait, but overlooking this elementalist’s vigor trait….

talking about being fair huh ANET ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Falunel’s answer is spot on, but keep in mind that in an upcoming balance patch (tomorrow?), they are increasing the cooldown on Renewing Stamina from 5s to 10s, meaning it will be harder to achieve perma-vigor. Boon duration and a skill like Phoenix can help palliate.

iirc elementalist vigor will be left alone. Only guardian and mesmer vigor will get hit.

@azizul: Elementalists have much lower HP than mesmers and the same or less armor. As someone who plays both ele and mes, let me tell you that it’s a helluva lot easier to suddenly go squish on an ele than a mesmer, even if the mesmer is glassier.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They already nerfed Engie’s perma vigor. Mesmer’s is on the chopping block next. I would be prepared for a nerf to Ele perma vigor somewhere in the near future also.

Perma Vigor?

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

My bad, I got confused there, but as Mad said, it’s something worth being prepared for.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast