Permanent Ban :)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Exemp.6859

Exemp.6859

I have a question or taking legendary weapons at the half on the principle that one person gives precursor materials needed to create a legend such as t6 ecto, etc., while the other person gives a gift of exploration, tokens of the dungeons, obsidian shards and other materials that are account bound. I’m curious because my friend got because of this ban on his two accounts that bought honestly on the page, and the same in that case I would like to avoid such a ban if it is not legal

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You might want to try rephrasing your question. It’s not actually clear what you’re saying.
However, a person would not be banned for having two accounts or for sharing materials between them to make a legendary. If your friend was banned its possible they were involved in real money trading or something similar.

Exemp.6859

he was impossible to sell gold

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

fox is right. It is really hard to figure out what you are trying to ask.
And you also seem to be asking two different questions

1: Is it ok to aqquire tradeable materials as a gift from somebody to create a legendary weapon? (If that is your question: yes, it clearly is, unless you give them reason to believe you bought them with a currency outside of gw2)

2: Will I get banned if I buy materials from ‘the page’ ?
(Depends on what’ the page’ is. If you mean the trading post, you are fine. Every other form of transaction is illegal, but usually they should just remove the purchased items and not ban your account. It is also a common thing to trade in an unoffical way, using mail or guild banks to avoid taxes, and even though they dont like it, I dont think it would get your account banned if they catch you doing it for the first time)

If neither one of this actually was your question, you should really try to rephrase it.

(edited by Asrat.2645)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, some explanation or a rephrasing is necessary here if you want us to be able to help you.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

A lot of people say they didn’t buy gold or materials, and each time ANet exposes them…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

This seems to be a language problem and the ability to ask the question using a language the op isn’t familiar with.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

A permanent ban is a sign of a serious infringement; judicious use of exploits, botting or gold buying/selling are the usual reasons to get a perma ban.

Exemp.6859

Repeats again, make a legendary weapon by 2 different people when one person gives materials that are account bound and the second gives the precursor and the materials needed to create this. The legend is created on the account of the person who in the transaction gave materials account bound and then sent back to this that give the precursor and other materials. Profit was divided according to how much it cost to create this weapon. That is why I ask if it is illegal, and whether it is stored somewhere so I could be sure.

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

I think in this case it should be legal.

There is no real money involved nor gold trading. It would require a degree of trust between the persons doing this (as the crafter can run away with the item), but nothing illegal.

Exemp.6859

so how do you explain permanent ban ?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you want to know why someone was banned you will have to contact Support.

Anet don’t make the reasons individual accounts are banned public, so none of us will be able to tell you. For all we know they were banned for repeatedly harassing other players in chat and the fact that they’d just made and sold a legendary was a complete coincidence.

(But if it is related to this process and they definitely didn’t buy or sell gold or items then I’d guess it’s because Anet spotted a lot of one-sided high value transactions – items or gold being mailed without anything being sent in return – which is exactly the behaviour they see from gold sellers and mistook them for a gold seller/buyer.)

If you want to discuss it because you don’t think they did anything wrong and should be unbanned you’ll definitely have to contact support because even if we agreed with you we couldn’t do anything about it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Hayato.4718

Hayato.4718

Yeah Exemp.6859 I know who are you talking about since he is my friend too. The guy he is talking about never bought or sold a single gold/material in his gw2 career, he is just good at trading. Our guild members were punished several times for “being of charge or participating in item/gold selling”. Anet seem unable to get a grasp on the idea of high degree of trust within the guild. What we were doing was in-guild trading and helping each other (borrowing money, materials and so on). We all are good friends, trust each other and our only crime is high level of trust and teamwork. Funny fact, our friend sent a ticket explaining every single transaction done from his account (items/gold sent and received) and the only response from Anet was a copy-paste message saying that the ban is upheld and they won’t respond to any other ticket (in other words, they’ll bin any ticket from now on). What is the point of calling a game “guild wars 2” if there is no wars between guilds and players are punished for teamwork within the guild?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Consider we have no clue how this really did work out, how everything was acquired and with what gold from were, or how anything else was done, it is not up to us to tell if this is right or not. Only the people will the information will be able to tell you this.

Also it might be a wrong ban, or it might simply be so that the people involved are not really telling the full story which is very common. Either way the person who are banned should be talking to Arena Net about it and try to sort it out.

Posted by: Hayato.4718

Hayato.4718

It might be a bit difficult since they’ve stated that they won’t respond to any new ticket related to his accounts.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It might be a bit difficult since they’ve stated that they won’t respond to any new ticket related to his accounts.

My point is still valid, he asked questions that we can not answer, nor can we make a difference because we have no option to decide in this case.

I get your frustration, but either way it can only be settled between him and A-Net. How to do that i have no answer to.

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

You may not buy, sell, transfer or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell, transfer or auction) , or offer to transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction, any game Account or game Content, including (without limitation) game characters, character attributes, items, objects, currency, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by ArenaNet, Inc., NCsoft, the Service, or our licensors, nor may you encourage or induce any other player to participate in such prohibited transaction(s), except as may be specifically authorized by the Service and by ArenaNet or NCsoft, without first obtaining our express written permission.

- So yeah. Technically it is illegal. But that doesnt change the fact, that you should not receive a permanent ban for it. If I send a friend of mine some lodestones in order to create a weapon, and later he sends me the money back, that wont be punished either.
According to this, every item sent via in game mail would be a violation of the license agreement.
There are two corresponding factors:
1) How does it look to a gm? If they have any reason to believe you only wanted to exploit the trade system, they will eventually punish it.
2) Have you done this before/repeatedly? Even if this is viewed as a minor infriction, a possible ban would become more likely, if you have been given a warning in the past and are already being watched.

But I can see, how this could cause problems: there is a reason account bound items are, ya know, account bound.
There is also a huge difference between. ‘helping someone without the motivation for world completion to get a legendary’
and
‘Using account bound ressources to make a profit’

In the end I dont know. It is probably a ToA violation. It is unlikely anybody will care if you dont make it too obvious (use a guild bank instead of a mail)
You are not likely to be banned for this, or even if, you have a good chance of recovering your account on a support request.
Still, its your choice wether you do it or not.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Specifically when you accepted the User Agreement (which you had to do in order to play the game) you agreed that you have access to a service, rather than ownership of any part of it – everything in the game including your items, gold and characters remain Anet’s intellectual property but you have permission to use them in a non-commercial capacity.

Which means you cannot buy, sell, trade etc. anything in the game, and since this is a legal agreement it’s specifically talking about buying with or selling for real-world money, not virtual currencies which are considered part of the service (which means using the TP is ok, selling stuff on ebay is not).

Which means mailing someone items, either return for gold (now or later) or just because you want to is ok. But in reality it looks suspicious, especially if it’s a lot of gold or high-value items. It looks exactly like the in-game portion of a gold seller transaction.

If we assume the OP and his friend have told us all the relevant information and it’s all completely true then it sounds like Anet saw their guild members engaging in multiple high-value, one-sided trades, which is exactly what they see gold sellers doing and banned the account.

If that’s the case then the only way to get unbanned is for the banned guild member to contact them directly, explain the situation in full and ask to be unbanned.

As I said before no one on this forum can do anything. Even if Gaile or someone else form Anet saw they’d only be able to let the Support guys know about the topic, and then they’d still need the account name and all the other info that would be in a support ticket to make a decision.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Your friend should keep pressuring support. Also if you send in game mail to each other it help if you explain in The mail message why you are sending the mail and not just leaving it blank. Maybe you were doing that I don’t know. Regardless you shouldn’t get banned for this and it’s a terrible shame they did that.