Personal Story and Nooby Leveling Questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Riz The Wise.2875

Riz The Wise.2875

Q:

First off, i apologize if this in the wrong section, first forum post here. (woot!)

So i played GW2 before and just recently came back after about a year break (glad to be back). And i had some questions about the personal story. I remember when playing before that the personal story would be awesome for EXP and gear, however, i often wanted to “save” the story for later so i could play it in chunks because i would constantly forget about the story after i would do multiple hearts and WvW. So this topic alone has a couple questions

1- Does the exp and gear scale? for example: if i wait until level 50 to do a level 30 personal story section, do i get level 30 gear and exp or level 50 gear and exp?

2- Is there a way to replay cutscenes or mission overviews so i can remember what i did from a long time ago? i pretty much completely forget what happened and would love to replay cutscenes or entirely replay the missions all over again.

3- Does anyone else “wait” to do their story so they can binge on it in one go like me? or is this unwise?

And as for my side questions: leveling. Is it true the exp it takes to go from (example) 51-52 is the same as 61-62? and what is your favorite way to level? I have heard people go from 2-80 in like a day with crafting. and as i was in Queensdale earlier i heard of this “Queensdale train????” and people do that to power level? (can someone fill me in on this please?). others have said WvW is the best and most fun, some say do the personal story (see dilemma above), some say map complete. so what is the “best” (subject to opinion) way to power level? and what is your favorite and most fun way to level?

Thank you!

Posted by: Elathan.4902

Elathan.4902

A:

1. Nope to the gear, not sure on the exp.

2. Sadly not, I could do with it as well. See http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story_line for an overview of what happens.

3. Plenty of people wait with their personal stories. Nothing wrong with the idea.

4. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience for the amount of experience needed per level. Not quite the same amount per level it seems.

5. Crafting used to be 1-80 by doing ALL crafts on a single character (10 levels per craft maxed out.) It was more recently nerfed to 7 levels per maxed craft.

6. Queensdale train used to be a regular activity by players farming a number of champion level mobs in the Queensdale area. This has been removed from the game – the relevant mobs were downscaled to veterans or elites.

Posted by: Riz The Wise.2875

Riz The Wise.2875

thank you so much!!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

2. You cannot rewatch cutscenes and story dialogues. But you can read a summary of every story instance you did. You can find this on your Hero Screen (press H in the game), and find the tab on the left that says “My Story”.
For every story instance you complete, either a new entry is added to that screen, or an existing one updates to add more text.

(So no need to go to the wiki to get a general overview.)

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

The relevant information for leveling experience on the wiki page is (in my opinion) the following sentence:

Experience gains are based upon percentages of the amount of experience to level.

So while you do need more experience to go from level 61 to 62, it will take just as many lvl 61 events as it would take lvl 51 events to go from level 51 to 52. Or, if you are leveling by exploration, you will gain a level after exploring a number of waypoints, pois, vistas and skill challenges, and this number won’t change no matter what level (after 15) you are on.

Personally, I enjoy leveling by exploration the most. Just run around exploring areas as close to your actual level as possible (since experience gain from events and mobs is based on the area level), and participate in all events you come across, and you will level up in no time at all. Don’t forget to harvest any wood, ore and plant you come across, too, since those will also give experience and resources can always be sold on the trading post for a bit of extra income.