Play With Friends - Where's the Overflow?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Joey Panda.8321

Joey Panda.8321

So at the beginning of the game there were lots of overflow servers so it was easy to play with others(on other servers) in a party by joining.

Now I can’t seem to get into an overflow server for me to join a friend or vice versa on another world server.

Has this changed? I knew the day of overflow would end. Just not sure how to play with my friends on other servers anymore.

Thanks

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

There were a lot of overflows at the beginning because most players were on the same maps at the same time. Now as time has progressed the population has spread across all the maps so the likelihood of an overflow server being needed is much lower (unless you are in Lion’s Arch). Also I believe they increased server population capacities.

At some point they will be adding the ‘guesting’ feature which will let you engage in general PvE with your friends on each others worlds.

In the meantime you can already do dungeons with people on other worlds, just join a party with them and enter the dungeon on your own world (or be near the dungeon for a travel prompt) and this will put you in the same dungeon together.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: LordXy.4278

LordXy.4278

The population is decreasing i guess, even in lion’s arch there’s seldom an overflow unlike in the past.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Lion’s Arch is ALWAYS in overflow on Blackgate.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Joey Panda.8321

Joey Panda.8321

Heh seems like Blackgate is the place to be! I’ve been searching for a server to play on, permanently.

There hasn’t been that many in Henge of Denravi, and since I’ve been trying out Maguuma non at all.

Would like to learn to play WvW without getting bombarded by an entire guild. LOL can only run so fast.

Thanks for the info Bluestone. I have experienced the dungeon party works real nice.